Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P41 Chain Brake problem

Thanks Rob Shelton for the IPL that shows what may in fact be my chain brake cover,the handle does however have a spring an does have a range of movement like a chain brake I suppose.Also the chain brake cover has the P41 decal but heh it could have been swapped.Brendon thought it would be best to post a picture so I will snap one in a few minutes.
Thanks
Lawrence

Leeha and Stone 69er

Lee,you sure find some nice saws,that old Pioneer's handle looks practically brand new is that hand grip on the top of the handle rubber or plastic? Usually they seem quite chewed up.Congrats
Lawrence

Stone,great resto projects for sure,I have a PM as well one day it too will get the attention it deserves.Congrats
Lawrence

Brendon and other Pioneer gurus
Here are the clutch cover pics I promised,hope you can figure out what's up with this
Thanks Lawrence

chainbrakecover005.jpg

chainbrakecover004.jpg

chainbrakecover002.jpg

chainbrakecover003.jpg

chainbrakecover001.jpg

Lawrence, I believe RobShelton was correct. It appears that is the hand guard in the P42 ipl. It looks like your cover is tapped for the brake parts, it could have had a brake originaly and somebody swapped it out, or it could have been ordered like that. I would wait to hear from Brendon, he will probably know for sure. Reguardless its still a fantastic saw, thats the first handguard like that I've ever seen. Plus If you really want a brake system, I'm sure you can find one, I believe your cover will accept it. The Farmsaw uses the same brake parts, I see Farmsaws frequently on e-bay, some have brakes and some don't.

my 1120

hi im was hoping someone could help me out with a part number of some sort or some advice on a bar and chain for my 1120 i cant find it any were. is there a bar that i could modify to fit?

hi im was hoping someone could help me out with a part number of some sort or some advice on a bar and chain for my 1120 i cant find it any were. is there a bar that i could modify to fit?

Hello Pioneer 1120, I'm wondering if you have a rim sprocket on your 1120. If that were the case you could put on a 3/8 rim and use the NOS 24" Pioneer bar that I have here. You'd have to have a chain made up for it but that's easy.
If you don't have a rim sprocket, maybe you could find a 3/8 spur sprocket to go with this bar. Send me a P.M. to discuss it.

P41 handguard

Lawrence, you have a rare handguard option on that saw, It looks to be in perfect shape, and I'd keep it that way... all original. I've never seen one of those, only in IPL's. I think it's really neat!
Your cover would accept the parts for the tubular chainbrake, but why bother?
Brendon.

1120 sprocket

Propliner,
heres my sprocket let me know which it is im interested in learning all about chainsaws i admit im new to the game but eager to learn..

thanks

Lawrence, you have a rare hand guard option on that saw, It looks to be in perfect shape, and I'd keep it that way... all original. I've never seen one of those, only in IPL's. I think it's really neat!
Your cover would accept the parts for the tubular chainbrake, but why bother?
Brendon.

Brendon,Arrowhead and Rob Shelton
Brendon, so it is just a hand guard then? It does have a little lever beside the hand guard bracket that if you move it, the hand guard bracket moves forward and backward.I guess this is for the brake if you choose to install one on that cover.I was thinking if I use the saw, it would be good to have a chain brake.
Many Thanks To the Above Mentioned At the Top
Lawrence

Last edited:
heres my sprocket let me know which it is

Pioneer 1120, The bar I have is a Pioneer .058" hard-nosed bar. It will probably work with your saw which has .404 and .058". I just need you to measure the bar studs for width to see if it will fit onto the studs.

Last edited:
Just picked up 2 more project saws:chainsaw:
A pioneer 600,thanks dropped51,awsome saw and its already striped down for its birthday.And a Canadien 271 gear drive also from another As member Gregford.
Rapt with both saws,I think the 600 will be top of the list as its not a runner(yet),the 271 runs and it's 100% complete,pretty grunty saws eh..:clap:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You got yourself a couple goodies there.
The 271 is on my to get list i ever find one.

Good luck with em.

Lee

so it is just a hand guard then,but it does have a little lever beside the hand guard,that if you move it the hand guard moves forward and backward.I guess this is for the brake if you choose to install one on that cover with the hand guard that is on the cover now.Am I correct?I was thinking if I use the saw it would be good to have a chain brake.

Lawrence, maybe you can find another cover for it with a chainbrake? They come up for sale on occasion.

1120 bar

Pioneer 1120, I've done some further research and found that your saw will work with this bar I have. All you will need is a chain with a .404 pitch, .058 kerf and 72 drive links to go with it. Any saw shop can make one up for you. P.M. me if you are interested.
Brendon.

Last edited:
1200a

Hi does anyone have a photo of a 1200A in original cond? so i can see how they were painted when new? mine appears to have been all yellow? But unshur or aircleaner top and front handle Thanks

You got yourself a couple goodies there.
The 271 is on my to get list i ever find one.

Good luck with em.

Lee

Cheers for that Lee.The 271 is a biiig mumma:greenchainsaw:
Would want to be working with it for long eh:cry: Very heavy

Back