Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any, but if folks were to take some good close photos of their saws from dead-on square to the decals and send them to me I should be able to separate and clean up the decal portion. It's a project I wouldn't mind working on for all saws in general, not just Pioneers.

Wow, that would be awesome if you could do it. I would if mine had decals on them.

Joe

Propliners P41 restore covers the paint code, pages 96-99. The later P series were yellow/black instead of yellow/dk green. You can take a piece with good paint to a auto paint store and they can scan it. As far as decals go, Joe at Sugar Creek Supply makes perfect ones. They are the same ones that E-bay seller cheapchainsawparts sells. I can't post the link because it takes you to another chainsaw site. Google- Sugar Creek Supply. I don't know if he has the P50 set completed yet. You can e-mail him to find out, I have dealt with him..... nice guy. Did you get the parts I sent yet?

Arrowhead,

The parts arrived today, thanks a million. Can't wait to get this puppy together and fire it up (hopefully this weekend).

Joe

Where is everyone?

What happenned, did I break this thread? No one has posted anything since the 11th of March! Did you all dissappear? Well, this should get some comments. Weak stomachs need not look. Look what I did on my logsplitter 2 weeks ago today. It still hurts. Anyone with a spare left hand index finger tip laying around, I sure could use one.....:cry::censored::censored::cry:

Ouch....

They said 4 t0 6 weeks it should be all better. Hope they know what they are talking about, 'cause it sure don't look any better.

Joe

Ahhh man that gotta suck big time, I know how that feels also, I cut the same finger nearly off when I was still in highschool. Cut it with a knife in the boatshop while cleaving off wooden plugs, had it sewed back on and it turned out real good. Yours is much worse physically, when crushed that way it will remain shorter. I think Brad Morgan can share some insight on this type of injury also. Take care of it and hope it heals up quickly for you, for the next several months you will know its still there.
Pioneerguy600

Ouch....

It does really suck, and the bad thing is while trying to be careful and not bump it at work, it's the one that always gets hit on the end. I was putting the grand daughter in her car seat the other day and lifted my hand up to move her blanket and wouldn't you know, I jammed that finger straight into the top door frame of the van. That almost brought me to my knees and was worse than the day it came off.

Joe's finger injury

Geeezzzz! that looks sore as hell Joe.Take real good care of that wound.If you get an infection in that finger ie, in the bone it will be a long haul to recovery.Do not expose it to bacteria.
Yes it has been quiet on here of late, but I'm sure things will pick up soon.
Lawrence
P.S. Would like to tell you fellas about the Tool Forum Thread in the Chainsaw Forum.I'm hoping you fellas can check it out and contribute to it,It's not intended for splitters and chippers they have a place for that already.Hoping Darin may decide to get a separate Tool Forum going if we have a great response to the thread.
Many Thanks
Lawrence

Ouch, Joe. That's my fear when using my splitter, it has a really narrow and sharp blade like one of those old rounded axes and would take my finger(s) clean off. I hope your suffering ends soon, that's got to hurt!

Ouch....

I have been cautiously using the splitter for eleven years now and never came close to anything like this happening. I guess the law of averages caught up with me.

BTW, just payed a visit to the Tool Thread, it is really good, lots of great ideas on it. Hope to be able to contribute some day.

P50

Does anyone have a recoil starter spring they would like to get rid of? I think one from a P51, 52, 60, or 61 may be interchangeable.

Thanks,
Joe

Pioneer 3071

Can someone please help me ? I'm looking for any info , parts lists & service manuals for this saw . It appears to have no reservoir for bar/chain oil & that's driving me crazy as to how the bar gets oil . Are there any parts available & where can I look ? If anyone has pics or anything I can get to help me , I'd be greatful . Also the person has no bar or chain for it so what bar & chain does such a saw use .Propliner says a 3071 is basically the same as a P40 . You can email me at [email protected] with any info or help . I'm not good with computors ( memory problems due to medical issues )& I have problems figuring out this site & how to post , reply & etc., so please email me . I ask that you also please overlook my ignorance with electronics .Thank you & God bless :):confused:

Pioneer 3071

Can someone please help me ? I'm looking for any info , parts lists & service manuals for this saw . It appears to have no reservoir for bar/chain oil & that's driving me crazy as to how the bar gets oil . Are there any parts available & where can I look ? If anyone has pics or anything I can get to help me , I'd be greatful . Also the person has no bar or chain for it so what bar & chain does such a saw use .Propliner says a 3071 is basically the same as a P40 . You can email me at [email protected] with any info or help . I'm not good with computors ( memory problems due to medical issues )& I have problems figuring out this site & how to post , reply & etc., so please email me . I ask that you also please overlook my ignorance with electronics .Thank you & God bless :):confused:

This site lists the 3071 as 2 types, early years and late years.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...36e57b1b9f14482588256b00001c092d?OpenDocument (Early)
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...8ddaf58e62d7a09888256b00001cdcd8?OpenDocument (Late)

There is some usefull info on there. Also try www.rottmansales.com for any parts, just email them with what you are looking for or give them a call.
If Propliner says it's the same as a P40, I'd take his word on it. I checked Rottmans site and they don't list a Pioneer 3071, but a lot of the Pioneer stuff crosses to Poulan parts which they carry. I'd give them a call and ask, they have been very helpfull when I have called them.

Joe

Last edited:
The oil resivoir on the 3071 is located in the right rear side of the saw just behind the muffler, the cap is quite near the base or bottom of the saw.It is an auto oiler run from the clutch side of the saw.
Pioneerguy600

The 3071 is actually closer in design to the 1074 but it has the same displacement as the P40. It looks like the oiler cap for the 3071 is just underneath the bar cover on the right-hand side.

Thanks guys . I went & looked at it again & we did locate the oil fill cap . It is on the right side near the bottom of the case & ahead of the sprocket .I was looking for a black plastic cap . Its a metal cap , slotted for a screwdriver & flush with the surface of the case . Had to remove some crud before it showed up . The muffler is gone(broken flange at studs ) & its missing one stud & nut . I wonder what mufflers will fit this saw ? The pston & cyl look good , no scratches . I must say, it's an interesting saw . Thanks again . Ken

Thanks guys . I went & looked at it again & we did locate the oil fill cap . It is on the right side near the bottom of the case & ahead of the sprocket .I was looking for a black plastic cap . Its a metal cap , slotted for a screwdriver & flush with the surface of the case . Had to remove some crud before it showed up . The muffler is gone(broken flange at studs ) & its missing one stud & nut . I wonder what mufflers will fit this saw ? The pston & cyl look good , no scratches . I must say, it's an interesting saw . Thanks again . Ken

The muffler from a P 26 and P 28 will fit your saw, part #429567
Pioneerguy600

Back