Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will sell you my NOS 655..........after I die......LOL

I must have missed the pictures of that one. I haven't been online for awhile. I'll show you mine if you show me yours... lol :D

The NOS one is on the left.

IMG_7243.jpg

IMG_7228.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

Last edited:
I must have missed the pictures of that one. I haven't been online for awhile. I'll show you mine if you show me yours... lol :D

The NOS one is on the left.

IMG_7243.jpg

IMG_7228.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

Love the saws. Just fantastic. Do you know where I can get a replacment for the K&N air filter on my P455? Mines OK but a little ratty.

Nice to see you back Ed !

You stihl suck !

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Ed, you'll have to excuse John ... he was recently stuck with 83 Weed Eaters that don't run and a camper that's more of a breezeway.

The cow will back me on this one, I'm sure.

Ed, you'll have to excuse John ... he was recently stuck with 83 Weed Eaters that don't run and a camper that's more of a breezeway.

The cow will back me on this one, I'm sure.

Yes. And he has numerous saws now that he can't lift so he don't need any more.

parts

You guys know of any stores or elsewhere.... where there are new old stock parts. I have come across a few on the internet with very limited supply. Just wondering what you guys may know. I have 2 pioneer 650 saws. I just started refinishing the one. The other one is missing a few parts ( engine shield, complete clutch).

Ordered four of the rubber isolators from Baileys. One showed up today. Call them and ask where are the other three. They show they were signed for by a Mr. Lopez on May 17.

UPS can't find my house? W.T.H.

The other three showed up Friday. Next time I'll shop for those at McMaster-Carr.

Put the crankcase together this morning with the gasket set just arrived from PartsTree. The auto parts store flywheel side bearing didn't work. Radius on inner ring isn't large enuff to clear the fillet on the crank shoulder/counter weight cheek. Tighten the case screws and the crank won't turn.

attachment.php

Note from Jacks Small Engines says bearing is to ship June 25. Beleve it when I see it.

Nada from Parts tree on the other two bearings. I don't think it is a brick and morter outfit. Just a computer server with outdated database.

HOLY CRAP! How do you follow a bunch of 655's? Well to hell with it, I finished up my P39 thanks to a member here and a lowly homelite, runs like a champ only missing the hand guard on the brake handle.

20130616_132209_zps826ff2e1.jpg

20130616_132219_zps8a160b8d.jpg

20130616_132228_zpsd003d0f9.jpg

Pioneer 750?

I bought a Pioneer 750... haven't got it home yet, I'll likely pick it up later in the week after work.

Just curious about a few things. From what I can see on Acer's the chain pitch is 400.... is that a typo? Should it be 404, and if not where can I get 400 chain? Turns over, and has spark, figured I'd take a chance on it and maybe have some fun bringing it back to life.

I have an old bar that came off of an RA... it has a loop of 404 chipper chain. Hoping it's the same mount. How hard is it to find parts for these? Looks like they were only made for a few years.

I bought a Pioneer 750... haven't got it home yet, I'll likely pick it up later in the week after work.

Just curious about a few things. From what I can see on Acer's the chain pitch is 400.... is that a typo? Should it be 404, and if not where can I get 400 chain? Turns over, and has spark, figured I'd take a chance on it and maybe have some fun bringing it back to life.

I have an old bar that came off of an RA... it has a loop of 404 chipper chain. Hoping it's the same mount. How hard is it to find parts for these? Looks like they were only made for a few years.

That is a typo for sure, should be 404. That site has a few errors but still one of the best sites for info on saws.
You should be ok with the bar off the RA. Be sure and post photos when you can.

Latest posts

Back