Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that. I'm just waiting for some gaskets.

Whilst searching for bits and pieces locally I came across this saw. It looked ok and ran really well.

Its a Pioneer Holiday 1200W

Never had a pioneer before...

Hi I am soon to be proud owner of a new to me saw. Never had a green one yet so y not . I'm waiting for a farmsawII from one of my buddies. It was found ina basement .says its in great shape won't kno till it arrives . Olny a land line so he can't send pictures:msp_confused: .were in the relm of all things pioneer does this green machine sit? I will admit of have definitely been a creamcicle n orange blinded since the start. But I'm gonna take in this outsider and treat it like family . Iv read the specs and some other minor stuff about it .seems like it could do some work. So I jus ask wht y'all think ???:rock:

Hi I am soon to be proud owner of a new to me saw. Never had a green one yet so y not . I'm waiting for a farmsawII from one of my buddies. It was found ina basement .says its in great shape won't kno till it arrives . Olny a land line so he can't send pictures:msp_confused: .were in the relm of all things pioneer does this green machine sit? I will admit of have definitely been a creamcicle n orange blinded since the start. But I'm gonna take in this outsider and treat it like family . Iv read the specs and some other minor stuff about it .seems like it could do some work. So I jus ask wht y'all think ???:rock:

I have a soft spot for Pioneers and they are great saws with a long history.

I hope you enjoy it.

Just goin off wht he said . Ain't seen it yet .I don't think I've ever seen a pioneer saw let alone used or ownd one

Well then you're about to be converted. That's not the best saw Pioneer ever built but it ain't bad.

Thanks for that. I'm just waiting for some gaskets.

Whilst searching for bits and pieces locally I came across this saw. It looked ok and ran really well.

Its a Pioneer Holiday 1200W

Folks I have had a good look over the web and cannot see very much on this saw. Can anyone here provide some information on the model year and cc's etc? I am assuming it is a 1200 equivalent? If so, where does the Holiday variant differ? After having a good look I realised the bar plate has been installed on the wrong side so I put it on the correct side and I will chase up one for the other side.

Folks I have had a good look over the web and cannot see very much on this saw. Can anyone here provide some information on the model year and cc's etc? I am assuming it is a 1200 equivalent? If so, where does the Holiday variant differ? After having a good look I realised the bar plate has been installed on the wrong side so I put it on the correct side and I will chase up one for the other side.

Google "Mike Acre's Chainsaw" You should be able to find any info you need there... I have heard however that there are a few typo's on this site.....

I'm sure it's a basic 1200 frame saw. I don't know about the "Holiday" thing. Good looking saw. This is some info from Acres site mentioned by Rowan. It has a downloadable IPL at the bottom of the page.
Model Profile: 1200A

This is basically the saw you are dealing with, I have several of them.

Model Profile: Holiday "G"

attachment.php

IDK why it is upside down.

Back