Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone know??? p61 tope end on a poulan 655????? please anyone??

Pretty sure it would fit . . . but you'd be stuck with the P61 ignition (I'm assuming it's like the P51 ignition). I'm not sure right now if there's a difference in the flywheel. Now that I'm scratching my head, I'm not 100% sure if the small end of the rod is the same. I'll check if I get a chance before someone who knows chimes in.

Any chance of finding a 655BP top end? That would be sweet!

does anyone know??? p61 tope end on a poulan 655????? please anyone??

Just checked without getting precise measurements: My 655BP wrist pin is definitely smaller that a P51 wrist pin. I'm assuming a P61 wrist pin would be the same diameter as a 51. A non-BP 655 may be different from mine. Somebody around here on AS knows for sure.

Just checked without getting precise measurements: My 655BP wrist pin is definitely smaller that a P51 wrist pin. I'm assuming a P61 wrist pin would be the same diameter as a 51. A non-BP 655 may be different from mine. Somebody around here on AS knows for sure.
Ok thanks for checking. I have a good 655 bottom end and my p61 has a great top end but has a hole in the case were some idiot ran it over. I wanna get one going but not sure how east it's gonna be

Ok thanks for checking. I have a good 655 bottom end and my p61 has a great top end but has a hole in the case were some idiot ran it over. I wanna get one going but not sure how east it's gonna be

If you can use your 655 piston, or another 655 piston, you could probably be up and running right quick. Pretty sure the jug would bolt right up.

The P61 cylinder should bolt on, but as you have discovered, the wrist pin looks to be a different size. If you can use your 655 piston, it would probably work. You will however need the P61 or P51 ignition system which is almost impossible to find modules for any more. The flywheel for the P61 system is also different from the 655. Is your case broken on the 655?

Hello all. Been reading on this site fir a while and this is my first post. My father and I acquired an iel Pioneer hm and would like some info on it. This may seem elementary but we cant figure a few things out. Mainly how to start it. Don't know where the choke is or how it works and there appears to be a shut off valve on the right side of the saw. If that's not a shut off valve then what is it. We did find a valve at the sediment bowl and shut it off to clean out the glass. When we put the glass back on abd turned the valve back on no fuel would enter the glass unless we loosened it. Just any info would be greatly appreciated. I know nothing of these old saws but would love to learn and if anyone had a manual for it that they could scan would be great too. Thanks in advance

Welcome! It's really cool to start out with an old saw as a first project. I love working on the oldies, but be ready for the long haul as they can be consuming..lol.

I have a parts diagram I can photo for you, but none on file. If no one has one to email I'll try to take a pic for you.

If you can use your 655 piston, or another 655 piston, you could probably be up and running right quick. Pretty sure the jug would bolt right up.
That's the thing I only have the crankcase for the 655z the p61 case is cracked but p & c is in good condition. What about just swapping the cranks over???? The pioneer runs great just a hole on the tank

That's the thing I only have the crankcase for the 655z the p61 case is cracked but p & c is in good condition. What about just swapping the cranks over???? The pioneer runs great just a hole on the tank
Two letters and a word my friend.... J B Weld. :)

I do like going cheap and putting things together with what I already have. You may be able to just swap the cranks and put in new seals. I'll defer to Pioneerman, et al for the real answer. If it were me, however, I'd try to scrape the bucks together and find a 655BP top end. It makes a bad, bad saw.

Yea but forgive me for my pioneer ignorance. I just have not dug into them yet. But they are both 100cc roughly? Same basic design ? Why is the bp655 superior? I love the pioneer p41 I have it's a great little saw

Latest posts

Back