Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I’m looking to throw a set of bearings in a p series here, mostly cuz I haven’t done it and looking to give it a try. Is there a quick number I can use to order them? I did a quick search and didn’t see much. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I’m looking to throw a set of bearings in a p series here, mostly cuz I haven’t done it and looking to give it a try. Is there a quick number I can use to order them? I did a quick search and didn’t see much. Thanks in advance.
These are correct for most I just put a pair in a P61

Attachments

• IMG_8189.jpeg
    IMG_8189.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Brought a 5 cube P series home today.. I’ve got a few 4 and a couple 6 cubers. But this is the first 5. So it was advertised as a p52, the tag reads PP52CBW from Peterborough. It had the wrong muffler on it, just pulled to check things out. It’s missing its western goodies, spikes and muffler. I think it’s an sdc80 on there, not sure about the reed yet. Half the “trim” is grey and half black. So I don’t know what color it should be, I’m thinking grey, and has a chunk of a high performance decal in the top frame. What you guys think. What did this come out of the factory looking like? I’d like to get it in stock form again. Thx!
IMG_8293.jpegIMG_8292.jpegIMG_8294.jpegIMG_8295.jpeg

Brought a 5 cube P series home today.. I’ve got a few 4 and a couple 6 cubers. But this is the first 5. So it was advertised as a p52, the tag reads PP52CBW from Peterborough. It had the wrong muffler on it, just pulled to check things out. It’s missing its western goodies, spikes and muffler. I think it’s an sdc80 on there, not sure about the reed yet. Half the “trim” is grey and half black. So I don’t know what color it should be, I’m thinking grey, and has a chunk of a high performance decal in the top frame. What you guys think. What did this come out of the factory looking like? I’d like to get it in stock form again. Thx!
View attachment 1113315View attachment 1113316View attachment 1113317View attachment 1113318
heres a couple pictures of one I found online with same ID on the tag.IMG_1675.jpegIMG_1674.jpeg

heres a couple pictures of one I found online with same ID on the tag.
I did some looking around online too. Think I’m going to trim it in black, can’t figure out the two colors. Early/late? Huron/peterborough?

View attachment 1113624View attachment 1113625
There is some discussion and pics over on Magnus`s site about these saws and that is where the pics above came from, my 52
has grey trim.
d975f4d188c8c13bb640ea0290a1f8e5.jpg

The PP52 Plus Cyl had the Bridge in the Exhaust Port removed & Exhaust Port raised.. The Original Air filter assy was Foam on the Plus . Yours is not correct in the Pic. l never seen a black P52 HP or Plus . Mine are Grey like the PP42 .

Sorry , gave you the wrong colour info. My PP52 Hi- po is Black frame also.
l beleive that the PP52 Plus came in Grey.
Your Saw may have had the 52 Plus performance kit installed at some point in the past.
Can you see thru the exhaust ports whether or not the Piston pin is closed.
lt looks like in the pic that your Carb has the the brass plug on the right had side , the (ungoverned) sdc80 , it is deleted.
In your pic it looks like the Str grip and Gas/Oil cap are Grey coloured , and probably original to the saw

Latest posts

Back