Pioneer P25

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade1224

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,
A co worker has asked me to repair the recoil starter on his old Pioneer P25.
As luck would have it, after agreeing to the task, he brought me the saw in pieces.
This is a strange setup to me as I am use to McCulloch recoils. Anybody have an IPL to suit this saw?
Any help is definately appreciated.
Wade

Wade I had an IPL but I haven't been able to find it. If I can get caught up tommorrow, I will go thru and look. I know I have one somewhere if the wife didn't discard it. She has a habit of things like that.

Thankyou P38Lightning.
I apppreciate your efforts. I am a bit stumped as I am sure a few pieces are missing from the puzzle.
He had torn this apart a couple years back and given up as he was stumped.
Now I need to know where all these pieces go and what is actually missing?????

Hi

I have rebuilt a P20,2xP26,P28 and 1110 i would imagine that all those Pioneer saws are about the same, I have the break-down scematic for the P26 Let me know if i can help, pic's would help of the saw parts. Thanks.

P.S Does he want to get rid of it?

Joe

Doc, what's your opinion of the P20?
I bought one and love it. Real nice fire-wood saw, all that I was looking for actually. Tho I'm looking to better the cutting system. I think it has more potential.

Thank you.

Re P20

I actually like the P28, the rubber bushings in the handle cut-down on my arms feeling numb after a couple of hours. The P20 is a great light saw good for cutting fire wood and homeowner usage its all you'll need ( Although difficult to get some parts. ) Currently i only have a 14 inch bar on mine but it can be upgraded to a bigger bar i'm thinking of a 20 inch although i think i'll have to change the sprocket. These saws have lasted 30+ yrs so they did something right. I use the P20 for limbing and cutting fire wood 4"-6" or so, it cuts good and isn't difficult to swing around with the throttle open. I use my 1110 for the bigger stuff, now, that saw BARKS, it actually hurts my ears if i don't wear earing protection ( which i highly recommend. ) my three yr old and wife disapear real quick when i start-her-up its comical to watch, they really don't like the noise it makes, the muffler exhaust is basicly straight out from the head and the muffler does little to quiet her down i rarely use th P26s even though all my saws work i just like to have them, i guess i'm a Pioneer nut.

Last edited:
Back