pioneer p42 ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Describe "fast"?

A saw is limited by the sharpness of the chain and the operator skill level. So any saw can be "fast".

Gary

lol

It is a 4 cubic inch saw, 65cc. Anti vibe design. Pretty good weight for a 65cc saw. Piston ported, easy to work on, uses a Walbro carb. Many have wrap handlebars, and it is common to see the west coast filter kit on them. Tanks are up front like on the old Homelites. Parts are pretty common. The saws go for really cheap money. Everybody wants the P50 and P60 series saws, and throws the P40 series away.

I have a decent running P60, and I like the design and balance of the saw. It is virtually just a bigger version of the P42.

Saw King has a decent P42 on Ebay right now:

Pioneer P42 Chainsaw W28 B/C See videos | eBay

Pioneer "P" Series

I have a number of the older letter series pioneers. Always shied away from the "P" series. A few months ago I ran into a nice P41 for $60. (appears to be the same as the P42). I cleaned it up, new carb kit and 36" bar. I'm impressed with the weight, balance and performance of this saw. It's been our go to saw for big wood of recent. Moral of the story don't underestimate this saw. I guess now I'll have to find one of the bigger P60. rick

I just checked the stats out and the P62 and BP655 are identical, I thought I had read on here that they were the same saw for the most part.

Pioneer "P" Series

I have a number of the older letter series pioneers. Always shied away from the "P" series. A few months ago I ran into a nice P41 for $60. (appears to be the same as the P42). I cleaned it up, new carb kit and 36" bar. I'm impressed with the weight, balance and performance of this saw. It's been our go to saw for big wood of recent. Moral of the story don't underestimate this saw. I guess now I'll have to find one of the bigger P60. rick
Hi
I am looking for a carb kit for my P42. It has a walbro carb with WJ9 stamped on it. Can you steer me in the right direction? Cheers, Dan.

I just bought two P42 on separate auctions for a combined 28 bucks plus shipping...

Actually, they are quite impressive little monsters... sprite, powerful for their size and not too heavy. Damn, now I need one of the bigger ones as well :D

Absolutely love my P42hp, she's a screamer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-153327.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-153327.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20210526-150442.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-150442.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20210526-150429.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-150429.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back