Piss reving a cold saw is a bad idea?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always a throttle blipper to get off high idle.
Any combustion motor product I own always warm up a bit first.
Not so much cars but I don't go from 0-100 in the first 30 seconds either.
4 strokes always benefit from getting under load from the outset to increase oil pressure.
Letting them idle forever as wear is increased due to lower than optimal oil pressure, especially when cold.

4 strokes always benefit from getting under load from the outset to increase oil pressure.
Letting them idle forever as wear is increased due to lower than optimal oil pressure, especially when cold.
Wtf are you going in about? General Rule of thumb is 10psi for every 1k rpm. I don't know of a pressure lubed engine that idles with less then that. cold engines are pushing relief till the oil warms up and thins out. Not has it ever been a good idea to throw a load on a cold engine, of any sort. Between the piston heating up faster then the cylinder and the strain on the head gaskets your just asking for issues.

Nothing to do with oil pressure, "moderate load" when cold is just the fastest safe way to warm up a cold engine and reduce cold engine wear. That means light throttle use until warm, even if the BMW turd beside you wants to have a go.

Wtf are you going in about? General Rule of thumb is 10psi for every 1k rpm. I don't know of a pressure lubed engine that idles with less then that. cold engines are pushing relief till the oil warms up and thins out. Not has it ever been a good idea to throw a load on a cold engine, of any sort. Between the piston heating up faster then the cylinder and the strain on the head gaskets your just asking for issues.
The idea that you need to idle the motor to get it warmed before moving off has been debunked for years.

The idea that you need to idle the motor to get it warmed before moving off has been debunked for years.
Only by people that like induce extra wear in an engine for no good reason Throw load on a cold engine. Which I guess is a good thing, keeps engine rebuilders and manufacturers in business.

Latest posts

Back