Stihl 026 not starting, possible fuel issue!?!? Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I’ve pressure vac tested it and it seems that the white elbow is actually leaking when I spray soapy water on it and pressurise to 7psi ish. I bought a metal one and a plastic replacement and I’ll see how that goes. I was just wondering can a leak from the fitting cause the chainy to not start or would it just cause bad idle and running. Cheers for the help lads.
See post #13. It is a leak in your fuel system symptoms can vary. Remove the white elbow and use a pair of vice-grips to remove the brass part. Align the new elbow and press it in. I used a drill press.

carb kits usually come with a variety of diaphragm membranes; some are just subtly different from others. I bought a really nice 024 that the PO had just kitted. it would not start. he had put the wrong membrane in. runs awesome now.

Not really a fix because there typically crap and will cause issues on their own but a easy way to narrow it down would be to buy a cheap China carb and throw it on. If it starts at least then you know where the issue is at. I wouldn’t suggest leaving it on even if it does start with it. The few I’ve tried always made whatever it went on have less power. Just an easy way to eliminate everything but the carb if that indeed is your problem

Back