Piston height of the Stihl 440/044 big bore (52mm) the same as a 50mm?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centannim055

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is the only physical dimension difference between the 50mm and 52mm is the 2mm bore difference? or is it a different height from the bottom of the skirt to the crown of the piston?

Photo attached of the dimension I'm referring to even though you guys are very competent.

Attachments

• saw.png
    saw.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 0
Is the only physical dimension difference between the 50mm and 52mm is the 2mm bore difference? or is it a different height from the bottom of the skirt to the crown of the piston?

Photo attached of the dimension I'm referring to even though you guys are very competent.
You need to be more concerned with pin to crown. That said I don't have them handy to measure.

Would take ~ 30 seconds with calipers and the parts.......

You need to be more concerned with pin to crown. That said I don't have them handy to measure.

If is a kit specific to the saw it will fit. "Big bore" refers to the bore size difference, not CCs or stroke.

That said, these kits are a bad gimic, imo. Performance almost always goes down from stock.

Oops...this question is for swapping pistons, not the whole kit. Ignore me, lol.
You'll need to measure as suggested.

Oh okay, when you do have them handy, would you be able to tell me the pin to crown measurement? If I had the pistons with me, I wouldn't be asking for measurement info.

If is a kit specific to the saw it will fit. "Big bore" refers to the bore size difference, not CCs or stroke.

That said, these kits are a bad gimic, imo. Performance almost always goes down from stock.

Oops...this question is for swapping pistons, not the whole kit. Ignore me, lol.
You'll need to measure as suggested.

If I had a big bore piston, I would measure it. That is why I am asking about the piston, because I don't have it. If I had the piston, I would of measured it and never posted this.

Latest posts

Back