Pizza, firewood and a Fiskars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
As some of you may know, I have a number of Studebaker trucks. I thought this news video of a mobile pizza oven built on the back of a former Studebaker fire truck might be of interest. Jim appears to be using a Fiskars axe around 1:45 of the video to split his wood.

1949 Studebaker fire truck outfitted with pizza oven | Video | abc7chicago.com

I didn't know you were into Studees.....my dad had a couple of pickups that he used in his plumbing biz...rep for ye.

I didn't know you were into Studees.....my dad had a couple of pickups that he used in his plumbing biz...rep for ye.

Bought my first one in January of 1974, a 1949 2R5 pickup. Been slowly selling off some, my 1964 Avanti went to Australia a couple of months ago. I still have 5 horsedrawns and 2 cars and 8 trucks in the fleet. Many of them can be seen here in this thread:

http://www.arboristsite.com/readers-rides/164589.htm

Bought my first one in January of 1974, a 1949 2R5 pickup. Been slowly selling off some, my 1964 Avanti went to Australia a couple of months ago. I still have 5 horsedrawns and 2 cars and 8 trucks in the fleet. Many of them can be seen here in this thread:

http://www.arboristsite.com/readers-rides/164589.htm

Nice collection there, Guido.

Not far away from me is a gentleman with a whole barnful of Studees....do you have any Presidents/Hawks?

Nice collection there, Guido.

Not far away from me is a gentleman with a whole barnful of Studees....do you have any Presidents/Hawks?

The only Hawk that I currently have is the 1962 GT that is in my signature picture. Back in the early 80's I had a 61 Hawk with 4 speed and I sold another 62 GT with 4 speed about 3 years ago. It was known as the LLHH (Looks Like Hell Hawk) but it had a brand new interior that is now in mine. Sold the car for more than I bought it for which made the new interior free.

Most of my Studes have been trucks, I currently also have a 1965 Commander with a Chevy 305. The only other cars I have owned have been a 63 Daytona (wish I had it back, sold it for $60 in 1976) and the Avanti, never had a President of any sort.

I would be interested in knowing more about the "stash", you can PM me if you would rather not give the details here.

Last edited:
The only Hawk that I currently have is the 1962 GT that is in my signature picture. Back in the early 80's I had a 61 Hawk with 4 speed and I sold another 62 GT with 4 speed about 3 years ago. It was known as the LLHH (Looks Like Hell Hawk) but it had a brand new interior that is now in mine. Sold the car for more than I bought it for which made the new interior free.

Most of my Studes have been trucks, I currently also have a 1965 Commander with a Chevy 305. The only other cars I have owned have been a 63 Daytona (wish I had it back, sold it for $60 in 1976) and the Avanti, never had a president of any sort.

I would be interested in knowing more about the "stash", you can PM me if you would rather not give the details here.

I know where you're going with that!
None are for sale,Ii've seen the stash,I've tried to talk the trash...no good.

When I see that video I see something other then a niuce truck. I see a restraunt owner splitting his own wood because he doesn't have a good supplier. He os running two of these trucks. All he wants to do is make and sell pizza. So if your in his area take him about a 4x4 stack of really seasoned (pizza kitchens need really seasoned hardwood) oak split no bigger the 2"x3" make it around 16" long. Tell him you can supply that for arounbd $400 a cord(true cord). You will most likely have his business. With 2 lunch trucks re is most likely using 1 cord a month. He'll use more if he goes to night events and does weekend stuff. Once you have him you'll have a reference for other kitchens.

Scott

Not sure if that is the club or not, since you are "formerly" from Richmond, you might know some of the guys in the Harrisonburg/Staunton area Studebaker fraternity.

I do, and even those going north towards Edinburg and even up into the Martinsburg area. In case you are interested, there will be a large meet in Bridgewater on October 9. PM me if you want the details.

I have confirmed that Jim uses a Fiskars:

6122820151_1425a8d2c8_o.jpg

Both of the trucks together:

StuDaisy.jpg

Last edited:
Back