Plastic Fuel fittings...arrrr

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozziechainsaw

ozziechainsaw

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Hi Guys,

Plastic fuel fitting strikes again. Surely the only reason they can be using a fitting like this is for cost saving. I have fixed this type of fuel fitting on 2 different chainsaws so far, a Partner P100 Super, Stihl 034AV and today I find this same fuel fitting again on the new Husqvarna 2100CD I got for my collection. And yet again this one is also cracked and sucking air.

I normally just use some JB Weld (plastic weld) to seal up the cracks, but surely there is a different style of fitting available ? Or does anyone know somewhere that I can just purchase a bag full of these fittings to keep in the cabinet.

Any idea's or places to purchase a bag full of fittings ?
Cheers

Justin

Attachments

• 20210829_164145_resized.jpg
    20210829_164145_resized.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 20
SteveSr

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hi Guys,

Plastic fuel fitting strikes again. Surely the only reason they can be using a fitting like this is for cost saving. I have fixed this type of fuel fitting on 2 different chainsaws so far, a Partner P100 Super, Stihl 034AV and today I find this same fuel fitting again on the new Husqvarna 2100CD I got for my collection. And yet again this one is also cracked and sucking air.

I normally just use some JB Weld (plastic weld) to seal up the cracks, but surely there is a different style of fitting available ? Or does anyone know somewhere that I can just purchase a bag full of these fittings to keep in the cabinet.

Any idea's or places to purchase a bag full of fittings ?
Cheers

Justin
Just use a pair of vice-grips ant pull the old fitting out. New or NOS may be available from:

https://www.vepetersen.com/
You can also get the all metal ones as impulse elbows on certain Stihl (026/260) carbs. Also check the hobby stores/websites for Walbro parts.

Latest posts