PLEASE HELP whisper chipper cranks but wont run ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last update

Ok, so after pulling the valve cover and side cover seeing that the valves were stuck and the intake pushrods were bent I pulled the head.

IT LOOKED LIKE HELL !
Resin was the culprit from old sticky gas gumming up everything.

So I cleaned EVERYTHING with a brass wire wheel on a drill and got everything shiny then gave it all a wipe down with mineral oil. Honed the cylanders to give em a cross hatch installed new intake valves and valve seals. Lapped intake and exhaust valves in.

Installed the entire headgasket felpro set. Removed the thermostat to run cooler. Cleaned the carb. Installed new pushrods.

Now it fires right up and runs and chips great.

Thanks everyone who helped me with advice.
May wealth be bestowed upon u all. Amen lol

Ok, so after pulling the valve cover and side cover seeing that the valves were stuck and the intake pushrods were bent I pulled the head.

IT LOOKED LIKE HELL !
Resin was the culprit from old sticky gas gumming up everything.

So I cleaned EVERYTHING with a brass wire wheel on a drill and got everything shiny then gave it all a wipe down with mineral oil. Honed the cylanders to give em a cross hatch installed new intake valves and valve seals. Lapped intake and exhaust valves in.

Installed the entire headgasket felpro set. Removed the thermostat to run cooler. Cleaned the carb. Installed new pushrods.

Now it fires right up and runs and chips great.

Thanks everyone who helped me with advice.
May wealth be bestowed upon u all. Amen lol

Great I love it when things go well like that!

if it's worth doing...

Sounds like you did it right. Quick fixes don't last. It probably cost more than you wanted but now you have a machine you can count on.

Back