Poll for the 562XP Build Paint or Powder Coat...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powder Coat or Paint the 562XP Scrap Project

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlfA01

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So, I've torn the 562XP completely down to the crank. It needs a new PTO side crank bearing, as a minimum. I had to order parts and have to wait at least a week or more, so I've decided to paint prep these ugly cases and freshen them up with a coat of either paint or powder coat.

Ordered the Harbor Freight powder coating kit and some colors from Eastwood a while ago and haven't used it. I love the look of this saw, but I don't necessarily dig the grey cases against the orange plastic. Thinking of going with flat black.

Anyway, its a hobby build and nothing more, so I may as well play around with the colors since I have some time to kill before I get parts....

Throw any color choices in a comment below. I'm leaning toward Matte Black powder coat. Could do gunmetal grey or Ford blue....let me know!

Build thread here:

Got these three colors plus some I'm not going to use at my disposal. Also, have white, but I think it would be sacrilegious to color this thing like a Stihl....Black.JPG Blue.JPG Grey Smoke.JPG

So, I've torn the 562XP completely down to the crank. It needs a new PTO side crank bearing, as a minimum. I had to order parts and have to wait at least a week or more, so I've decided to paint prep these ugly cases and freshen them up with a coat of either paint or powder coat.

Ordered the Harbor Freight powder coating kit and some colors from Eastwood a while ago and haven't used it. I love the look of this saw, but I don't necessarily dig the grey cases against the orange plastic. Thinking of going with flat black.

Anyway, its a hobby build and nothing more, so I may as well play around with the colors since I have some time to kill before I get parts....

Throw any color choices in a comment below. I'm leaning toward Matte Black powder coat. Could do gunmetal grey or Ford blue....let me know!

Build thread here:

Flat black powder comes out out like a chalk board it shows every mark or scrap a satin or gloss

The problem with camo is you may not find it in the woods! You may have to install a key fob dvice so you can continue to work!:eek::cool:

That's funny! No saw, no work, no problem.......

Flat black powder comes out out like a chalk board it shows every mark or scrap a satin or gloss

I was curious about that, but anything has got to be better than what Husky put on these saws originally. Not a horrible color, but a bad paint. All of these 5 series saws seem to show wear like crazy. Like I said, hobby build to puts around and see what I can get out of it. It ain't my cutting saw for now, as I got a pretty lineup of Dolmars to choose from. Pulling out the 7910 tomorrow and wreaking havoc on some wood!

562 u can get a complete bottom end cheap from husky

How much and from which site? Everyone I've found has been quite expensive. The bearing I need to replace is like $15-20, plus the gasket, seals and some waiting. This saw only has a 180 hours or something on it. The bearing is actually bad from corrosion and pitting probably from sitting with the cylinder off and got some water inside. If it were worn out from use, I'd immediately go for full replacement if the price was right. I'd like to have a look at those bottom ends anyway, if you can point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
:cheers:

I'd go with the silver, as stated earlier, flat black powder coat looks like **** in short order.

I'd go with the silver, as stated earlier, flat black powder coat looks like **** in short order.

We got a silver in would look good

I just did a guys 562 got a complete bottom end it had case crank bearings and seals all factory and oem top end

Reassembled it sent it out for port work got it back cust gonna pick it up this week

Latest posts

Back