• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Poly Flywheel, NON-Decomp Stihl 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

procarbine2k1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Very sweet saw, just needs a little TLC (not much).

This saw was lean seized when I got it. Saw was pressure tested, and tested good. Main bearings feel good with no movement. I found an early non decomp cylinder and piston in good shape and installed (piston has slightest rub on exhaust side, but so little that hone marks are still visible, very nice piston!).
Saw also has a nice looking dual port (mig welded thin wall 1" pipe). Almost all new OEM AV buffers, very nice 8T spur sprocket. Plastics are decent, couple of cracks, chip in the filter cover. Very nice poly flywheel with good coil (timing advanced, no key). SUPER nice 660 recoil cover, almost like new. Very nice tank. No guide plates. Case is nice, upper spike mount broke out, filled with flex-steel and filed (looks as if no mount hole was there, nice looking fix, bottom mount needs tapped and upper needs relocated (if you want to use a bucking spike on the inner). Handlebar has small crack on right side, usable but should be fixed.
I could nit pick this saw, but it is a decent looker and all there and has a ton of potential. Saw starts and runs, but is lean and will need found before you attempt to use it. There is a leak somewhere, maybe I missed a hole in the impulse or intake boot. Clutch cover has a small crack, but still very usable and decent looking.
I don't see how anyone could go wrong for the price. The right parts are there, you just need to spend the time to find the leak. Bearings are good, this is a fine looking saw, it just needs some of your time. $399 plus ship, and I think that is a great deal. All the critical stuff is there, you shouldn't have much in getting it ironed out, heck it may be a free fix for all I know. I have been spending saw money faster than saws are making me money and need to send this down the road. I think this deal is as good as the $325 372 I sold. If it doesn't sell real quick, I will find the leak and have no problem running the tar out of it and making some cash on it in a couple months. This should be a good deal for someone looking for a saw that would stomp a 660 in the ground. Continental US via UPS only.
View attachment 312088View attachment 312089View attachment 312090View attachment 312091

You sold a 372 xp for $325 ????

Thats cheap :rock:

Lemme know when you figure out the shipping ;)

Good luck with the 066. They are great saws...and easy to work on.

Yeah, they aren't bad. I have had a handful of 064's and a couple 066's. Its a straight saw, someone just needs to spend some time with it. If it doesn't sell by labor day, I will fix a few imperfections, get it straightened out and put it on Ebay or may even keep it. Fastest 066 I ever ran was a ported, poly flywheel non decomp saw.
I will let you know on shipping, My job doesn't always line up with UPS but will try and hustle. That 372 is a good one, and I appreciate the quick sale!

Almost forgot, I am willing to trade this saw for a nice cigar boat. Or possibly a hot rod, maybe even a plane, possibly a monster truck, but that's about it. I prefer Donzi's and Scarab's. haha

Almost forgot, I am willing to trade this saw for a nice cigar boat. Or possibly a hot rod, maybe even a plane, possibly a monster truck, but that's about it. I prefer Donzi's and Scarab's. haha

I have a cigar boat I would be willing to trade, MIGHT need slight hull repair
I will even include a Bondo brand fiberglass repair kit.
Bring your own chainsaw to get it out! :msp_biggrin:

269799.jpg

I have a cigar boat I would be willing to trade, MIGHT need slight hull repair
I will even include a Bondo brand fiberglass repair kit.
Bring your own chainsaw to get it out! :msp_biggrin:

269799.jpg

HOLY MOLY!!!! That frikkin nuts!

Im going to see what else is out there though, but thank you for your offer. lol

I'm real surprised this is still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back