Poplar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very artsy! I can't make out from the photo, are those rivets or spot-welds?

(Okay, I gotta ask...do you sit on it?)

Alright! The first one to imagine they look like rivets. That was my whole intention when I built it (after a trip to Chicago) and used spot welds.

Family, friends and guests have to sit on it. The majority of them said that it had them half way to being buzzed:cheers:

Thanks everyone for the info. I might try to mill the poplar (and aspen) into light construction lumber. Mainly to build a wood shed and maybe a nice little camp near my brook. I will try to use it in area where there is not much moisture as many of you have said that it does not take water well.

To my surprise, I though I was dealing with skilled tradesman but I did not expect to see so many artist. Some people can turn a chunk of wood into a showpiece.:clap:

Yep, that's the great thing here. Everyone has a different skill set and focus to their work, so there's lots to learn. And to be honest, I think everyone who deals with wood a lot will at least occasionally see an exceptional piece that grabs their attention, and try to make something artistic out of it.

Well, I'm just glad I'm young enough to have more or less grown up around computers and the internet. I don't know what I'd do without the free access to information it provides. For example, last week I needed to cut some crown molding, which i had never done before. I knew it wasn't rocket science but I also knew it needed to be approached differently than regular moldings. I read a few websites describing the methods used, but I was still a bit hazy on the whole process. So I thought, why not try YouTube? I watched one five-minute video there and instantly got it. Went on to make all my cuts right the first time, and I could show anyone exactly how to do it in a moment now. Sure beats trudging down to the building supply and getting someone there to show me what to do.

Latest posts

Back