ported 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Stihlman441 ! That's a pretty sweet job u done. I need to know how to get the muffler off to preform theses mods. I have removed the 2 nuts at the bottom of the outside of the muffler but it still seems to be held on by something else. Sorry for rehashing an old thread. I just cant find info on getting the muffler off on this model. Its not like the other Stihls.

Thanks Stihlman441 ! That's a pretty sweet job u done. I need to know how to get the muffler off to preform theses mods. I have removed the 2 nuts at the bottom of the outside of the muffler but it still seems to be held on by something else. Sorry for rehashing an old thread. I just cant find info on getting the muffler off on this model. Its not like the other Stihls.

There's another thread the discusses the 441 in great detali, here's one post in it that shows where you need to go to get the muffler off. You need to pry the little caps off the holes in front and at the bottom of the holes are two more attachments.

I let little Pudgy (my wife's nickname) go back in the house here. Her knee has been giving her a really hard time, and I could tell she was hurting. So the picture taking is much worse from here on. :(

Here's how I do a 441 muffler. I've tried sevreal different ways, but this is what I've settled on, for now at least.

Stock outlet.

Molested.

I use a long burr to get way back in here and really open it up. The bottom hole is a straight shot out.

These pics ain't easy to do alone. :D

Dang thanks guys . I got er off. This muffler is basically a hollow unit. I am going to open her up tomorrow and reinstall. I thought I read some where that I will have to do a 60 reset for the electronics once I do this mod. Supposedly take the chain and bar off. Start it in the non choke position and let it idle for 60 seconds without touching the throttle and then shut it off. So that It can calibrate to the new mod ? Does this sound correct to anyone ? Cant wait to here this thing.

Dang thanks guys . I got er off. This muffler is basically a hollow unit. I am going to open her up tomorrow and reinstall. I thought I read some where that I will have to do a 60 reset for the electronics once I do this mod. Supposedly take the chain and bar off. Start it in the non choke position and let it idle for 60 seconds without touching the throttle and then shut it off. So that It can calibrate to the new mod ? Does this sound correct to anyone ? Cant wait to here this thing.

To do the recal you have to start it in the choke ON posiition,i will run like crap while doing it but how it is.
I have NOT found the need to do this with a muff modd.

Latest posts

Back