Ported MS660 here and running

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlyinEly

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey all:

I'll say up front, no vids yet. Yeah, makes me a ***** teaser, but just the way it is. Not only do I not have any wood big enough to put it against, but the video camera is out of town. Hope to have vids coming next week. Meanwhile, here's a pic of the 7-saw plan, including the 660.

seven-saw-plan.jpg

Anywho, got the milled and woods ported 660 from Tree Sling'r. We were out of town all last week, so it was waiting at the P.O. when I got home yesterday. Put the 32-inch Sugihara on it and the 25-inch ES on the ported 460. Am running a 20-inch ES on the 038 Mag, an 18-inch ES on the 028S and a 16-inch E on the 026. All 3/8 pitch.

I sold the 036 Pro because it had no use in my lineup, and because I had a local guy just chomping at the bit to give me $80 more than I have into it. :D :D

The 660 really rips. Put it in some small wood just to get the feel of things. Got a guy who does log home building with some 30-inch plus Doug fir logs, and I'm hoping he'll let me cut some cookies off one of his scrap pieces. Could even be Doug fir sawdust I cleaned off the 660 before firing it up, considering where it came from.

Thanks again, Tree Sling'r for the 660, bcorradi and Wigglesworth for the ported 460 and Wigglesworth for the ported 038M. Arborist Site dudes are the coolest! :clap: :clap:

Last edited:
I bought TreeSlinger'r milled & ported MS441 couple of weeks ago, & it's a runner.

I was looking at a 066 at the time, but slinger let me know his 441 would run with the big dogs. So, I had to bite!

Yes, it does cut a bit faster than a friends 066, not much, but definitely drops a cookie a few seconds quicker. After handling his 066, I much prefer the 441. It’s much lighter, doesn’t vibrate near as much, and it cuts a bit faster. All good points in its favor!!

I have to believe your Treeslinge’r MS660 is a terror with its added power. I’m looking forward to knowing how it runs on really big wood.

Respects,

Richard

Guys, I'm pretty excited to get it into big wood myself. And I'm talking big hardwood. Looks like there's going to be a NW Wisconsin get together this fall, and I'm hoping to match it up with Heavy Fuel's ported 660, which also runs a 32-inch bar if memory serves.

Honestly, the 660 purchase was total CAD. More honestly, so are most of my saws. For the work I do, which is 10 cords of firewood per year and tree service work, I really don't need anything more than the ported 460 and the 026.

But who could live with himself if he only had two saws? That's like a fisherman with only two rods or a photographer with only one camera. I mean, come on . . . :givebeer:

At the rate your going, your gonna need to hire a pit crew for all them saws....LOL. :D

still patiently awaiting a vid......:)

At the rate your going, your gonna need to hire a pit crew for all them saws....LOL. :D

still patiently awaiting a vid......:)

Nope. I'm done buying saws. As evidence I don't mind getting rid of one or more of them, I just sold my 036 Pro, so clearly I'm finished buying saws.

RIGHT! :D :D :D

I bought TreeSlinger'r milled & ported MS441 couple of weeks ago, & it's a runner.

Ah ha, it was you and its here in Colorado! Road trip. I wish we had enough folks around to have a lil GTG.

Ah ha, it was you and its here in Colorado! Road trip. I wish we had enough folks around to have a lil GTG.

If I was still living in Victor/Cripple Creek, I'd be all over a Colorado GTG like a double-down blackjack bet on a pair of aces. Heck, I'd even bring along my whole 7-saw clan! :clap: :clap:

Congrats on the saw. The pic of your saws under your posts had me scouring e-bay and the local shops for an 038Mag! I need one of them like a hole in the head. LOL

Very nice clan of saws! I agree the saws look great but every time I see your saws on the wood pile I can't get over the great bars! It makes me wonder if you have a dedicated set of perfect bars that only get used during photo shoots. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :) So long story short, I like the clan of bars too.

My chainsaws are tough working saws. When I want to photograph them, I like to clean them up a bit and make them look like models. Well, they ARE Stihls, so make that supermodels. :D :D :D

The Sugi is the only bar in the pic with less than 15 hours on it, and a couple are going on 100 hours. Some imperfections aren't visible in photographs, and some can be removed in post-processing. Like smoothing out age wrinkles in a person's face. ;)

Besides, you can see the sap stain where the ES tip meets the bar on the 460. Missed that when I was cleaning them up. We could call that one a beauty mark. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back