Ported my first saw - 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet.
What all tools would you use doing something like this?
Not that my 026 needs more power, but more is always better right?

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

I used an air grinder with different carbide burrs and diamond stones. I definitely gave my air compressor a good workout, lol.

Good job. I remember my first port job, I was a flying by the seat of my britches as I didn't use a degree wheel. Mine also had huge improvements.
P.S. I love your forum name.... Ya must be as country as corn.

Yeah, I was pretty nervous about screwing something up, so I made sure to have a degree wheel. At least that way I could try and figure out what went wrong, lol.

As far as my user name goes, I suppose I'm as country as anybody that grows up in rural Missouri. That name is something that was given to me in the form of a call sign on the radio about 8 years ago, lol.

good job, makes me want to try and port a saw, I'll leave it to the professionals until I just get bored and find some patience.

Give it a shot! It did take me a good bit of time. There was a lot of checking, reading, sending texts, asking questions, then grind a little and repeat, lol. This was a multi-day, MULTIPLE beer project. :)

I just thought I'd share a video of me playing with this saw. I was noodling up a big mulberry and thought I'd share.

Here's the largest section of that tree that day. There was a bigger section we cut up before that, but didn't get any pictures of that :(

IMG_2558.JPG

Latest posts

Back