Ported PS-401 for felling?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've seen the videos on here and researched a lot to find information on gains made when ported, and haven't really found an answer to what I'm thinking about doing.
I'm an idiot and can't stop thinking about getting back in the woods and doing some tree work again. Spring fever I guess? But with my back still being all screwed up and no real light at the end of the tunnel on that situation, I'm thinking light. Most people have already told me I'm nuts for thinking this already, so don't be bashfull:hmm3grin2orange:
I'm not feeling the love for using a 200t as a felling saw, and don't see me climbing soon, if ever again with my issues. So I think I am going to sell it and I've found a good used PS-401. I want to mod it to the max, probably a pop up piston even, slap a 14" bar and use it for felling and bucking as best I can.
Those of you that have run them, do you think this saw would be up to it? This will be 90% or better hard woods, Oak and some Hedge mainly.

Last edited:
Get rid of that top handle and get maybe an 024Super.Real light and you can mod the crap out of it.Parts are still plentiful and cheap.

As far as your back well.........................."stupid is as stupid does" :)

Latest posts

Back