Porting a 262XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zombiechopper

Zombiechopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Its already done from OEM. I can't really widen. Its already mighty close to skirt edges as is. Maybe I could get a millimeter if I really tried. Its like a 200T in that regard. Its factory ported correctly. Guess I'll just take the lip off the lower transfer, set squish and run it. I know why this saw is called the best stock 60cc machine ever made

scotclayshooter

scotclayshooter

Addicted to ArboristSite
184844d1306054326-dsc00210-jpg

View attachment 184844
Your one must have been ported in the past....Theres room to open up the ports on a stock one!

Its already done from OEM. I can't really widen. Its already mighty close to skirt edges as is. Maybe I could get a millimeter if I really tried. Its like a 200T in that regard. Its factory ported correctly. Guess I'll just take the lip off the lower transfer, set squish and run it. I know why this saw is called the best stock 60cc machine ever made

Zombiechopper

Zombiechopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm just looking at the lines in the cylinder. That was also with a 261 piston. I have a new meteor. I better check this out a little more! When I looked at the lines in the jug it looked like 2mm.

Cantdog
I'm just looking at the lines in the cylinder. That was also with a 261 piston. I have a new meteor. I better check this out a little more! When I looked at the lines in the jug it looked like 2mm.

It is close but some can be had...I am doing one presently with a Meteor. When checked on the actual skirt with the piston on the rod and the cyl bolted down with whatever you are going to use for a gasket, you'll see there is some. But you are right these guys were as close to a mass produced custom build as you could ever get. A true factory hot-rod!!

I was able to get 0.020" squish with a 0.012" (about half of stock)gasket with the meteor on this one.

Latest posts