Porting A 346XP With Aftermarket Top End

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be puttin a real 346 top end on it, or have it ported. It should give the 359 a fit... :msp_biggrin:

Easy to see if it has a closed port top end by looking at the sides of the jug. I wouldn't waste my time fooling with an open port on the 346...

Can you clarify what that means please? I'm a noob to this and don't know what that terminology means.

Dang it Randy! I didn't know you had this thread going? But I got caught up LOL Guess I need to get out more? That quiet thread I mean LOL Its looking great BTW!! I am betting it runs very close to any other ported 346! If not as good! I just know this will be one very fun saw! Thanks very much Rand! :rock: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: BTW You try that knife out yet?

Got it running today but never got a chance to put it in wood, let alone make a video. It needs a brake handle and the detent spring, I found a bad place in the air filter too. It sounds great, with any luck tomorrow I'll get a video... We've been covered up in the shop since the leaves started falling. I like it though. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks great Randy! I have a detent spring off a 350 but no brake handle.I will go try the swap thread?

You need an air filter too John. This one has a tear in it, I've see them fixed but with a new top end I'd want a new flocked style.

Nice work Randy. As always. :msp_biggrin: I need to start postin more of my stuff I guess. Just got High speed internet so it shouldn't take as long to load pics & vids.

Did I mention u were "Da Man"!!

U get the Stuff?

Yes I did get the stuff.

Did I mention u were "Da Man"????? :laugh:

Nice work Randy. As always. :msp_biggrin: I need to start postin more of my stuff I guess. Just got High speed internet so it shouldn't take as long to load pics & vids.

Now Stumpy......they ain't got no high speed interwebs in Arkansas. :)

Randy is the filter a twist on or snap on?I have a twist on type.But I bet its a snap on type?

Snap on all the way.

Videos....

9" pine cant, .325 chain, 7 pin rim.

[video=youtube;DTaCUobbzs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTaCUobbzs0[/video]

[video=youtube;2udFfUbfCag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2udFfUbfCag[/video]

I'll send the saw back to tbone in a day or two. I'd like to run some fuel through it. I think this top end is doing well.

Latest posts

Back