POS husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jampel

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Someone donated us a husky 235. No I dont think it was meant to be a crewel joke. I guess it is safe, I dont think it would even make a flesh wound. Anyway I need some parts for it and I dont have the IPL. I am look for the PLASTIC (WTF) chain tensioner. Maybe they have these available in a lighter weight material, like say paper-mashe.

you could probly remove the tensior from the saw all together and tug and pull on the bar to adjust the chain.

or mill one out of billet if you have buddy in the machinisht bizz.

you could probly remove the tensior from the saw all together and tug and pull on the bar to adjust the chain.

or mill one out of billet if you have buddy in the machinisht bizz.

I will give that a try tomorrow, if it doesn't work then
I am going to need one machined, the plastic wont last a day.

it was free, now if only i could get my wasted time back:bang:

Who made you waste your time on it? Might want to take some responsibility for your own actions, that builds character. Cryin about a free saw....well, nevermind.

Someone donated us a husky 235.

Who is "us"? Was it donated to you personally or to an organization such as a fire company or boy scout troup?

The 200's are not great saws, and I'm not a fan of those tooless chain adjusters, but I haven't seen them break.

Saws that are donated/raffled are usually the entry level models of whatever brand. You're not likely to see anyone donate a 372. If you want a better saw, why don't you pull out your wallet and buy one.

maybe the husky dealer will give you 50 bucks for it on trade for 450

Maybe i am being a little hard on the baby saw. i might be using it for something that it wasn't made for, i have been cutting 1" diam. grand fir and that can be pretty hard on a saw.

whining

Maybe i am being a little hard on the baby saw. i might be using it for something that it wasn't made for, i have been cutting 1" diam. grand fir and that can be pretty hard on a saw.
As much as it sounds like You complain about it, while You're mouths wide open You could wrap it around that 1'' grandfir, and chew on it while You moan, and bellyache that might actually get some results. I have ran Huskys and stihls for years, and most of the time prematurely broken parts are due to some idiots unfortunate mishap. Just a little food for thought.

As much as it sounds like You complain about it, while You're mouths wide open You could wrap it around that 1'' grandfir, and chew on it while You moan, and bellyache that might actually get some results. I have ran Huskys and stihls for years, and most of the time prematurely broken parts are due to some idiots unfortunate mishap. Just a little food for thought.

Thanx for the advice, i will give that a try.

Rude reply

Hey, I was a little rude, but on a serious note, I haven't really used any of the smaller homeowner type saws, or the toolless tensioners, but I think I would replace the broken part, and try it who knows it may last awhile. I have seen alot of people break and strip threads out on tensioners by overtightening chains, or trying to tighten too long of a chain or a screwed up bar. so that maybe something to look out for.

Who is "us"? Was it donated to you personally or to an organization such as a fire company or boy scout troup?

The 200's are not great saws, and I'm not a fan of those tooless chain adjusters, but I haven't seen them break.

The 200 series saws without tooless chain are okay. It is a johny home owner saw, thats NOT going to cut a cord of firewood on the weekends. It is a clean up around the house saw. For light work at best! The husky 450 with tooless chain adjuster is pretty good. I used my friends to cut some firewood and it held up fine. After being on this site for some time. I think that we forget that for most general saw users are not going to know the difference between a pro saw and home owner saw. Ive got one home owner-ish saw left(really its a bridge between home owner saw to a pro saw) as a looner saw. My husky 455 filled its intended role as firewood getter when I got it, now it just sits in its case waiting to be loaned out. POOR saw! LOL!!!

Last edited:
If its only 1" material a pruning shear would be quicker and safer.

The 200 series saws without tooless chain are okay. It is a johny home owner saw, thats NOT going to cut a cord of firewood on the weekends. It is a clean up around the house saw. For light work at best! The husky 450 with tooless chain adjuster is pretty good. I used my friends to cut some firewood and it held up fine. After being on this site for some time. I think that we forget that for most general saw users are not going to know the difference between a pro saw and home owner sale. Ive got one home owner-ish saw left(really its a bridge between home owner saw to a pro saw) as a looner saw.

I email my uncle who is a machinist to see if he couldn't make one for me. I think if it was metal it would actually be a pretty handy design.

Latest posts

Back