Possible MN/IA/WI/Flat land west of here Get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8433jeff

Aftermarket connoisseur
Reaction score
Can anyone make it Labor Day weekend? Hoping to hold a demonstration/round-up of old saws at the Rice County Steam and Gas Engine show just south of Northfield, Mn near the outskirts of Dundas, Mn on Saturday, September 4, 2010. If interested can also play with chainsaws on Friday and Sunday. Primitive camping on the grounds or plenty of hotels within 5 miles in Northfield. Less than an hour from the twin cities, and about an hour and fifteen minutes from Rochester or Iowa on I-35. ricecountysteamandgas.com

Jeez. I might be able to make it, but it's a lot more likely that I (and a lot of folks) have other plans for that perennial vacation weekend.

I know, I know. Not looking for Grandpa Tractor turnout, but hoping to see somebody elses saws. Its when they hold the show, and I haven't changed that-yet-but soon, I hope. (Insert evil laugh here)

Labor Day weekend is the Mt Pleasant Iowa show so I will be busy there.

Bill

That show and the one in Rollag, Mn are the reasons I think we should change our date, but resistance is expected to be severe, as you can't change the status quo-its unthinkable.

Can anyone make it Labor Day weekend? Hoping to hold a demonstration/round-up of old saws at the Rice County Steam and Gas Engine show just south of Northfield, Mn near the outskirts of Dundas, Mn on Saturday, September 4, 2010. If interested can also play with chainsaws on Friday and Sunday. Primitive camping on the grounds or plenty of hotels within 5 miles in Northfield. Less than an hour from the twin cities, and about an hour and fifteen minutes from Rochester or Iowa on I-35. ricecountysteamandgas.com
What do you mean by demonstration/round-up of old saws?What do you mean by play with chainsaws?Is there going to be wood set up to cut and what size?Any timed cuts?Need more info.

Yes, there will be wood set up to cut. Size unknown, would like to find at least a 3 footer, but will be 2' plus for sure. Sawmill on site, and could have cants available for some timed cuts. I'm thinking less 362's and 346XP's and more 60's, 70's, and 80's stuff. Hope to have a Mall or two, unless the local dealer has to sell them first, he also has a Wright reciprocating, seemed open to using them. This is a work in progress and suggestions are welcome and appreciated, people so speak your piece, please.

Yes, there will be wood set up to cut. Size unknown, would like to find at least a 3 footer, but will be 2' plus for sure. Sawmill on site, and could have cants available for some timed cuts. I'm thinking less 362's and 346XP's and more 60's, 70's, and 80's stuff. Hope to have a Mall or two, unless the local dealer has to sell them first, he also has a Wright reciprocating, seemed open to using them. This is a work in progress and suggestions are welcome and appreciated, people so speak your piece, please.
Well that kinda leaves me out.I have a ported 2009 Husqvarna NE346XP and a stock 2009 Dolmar PS-7900.Thorcw has some older saws that run.

Last edited:
Lots of time betwixt now and then to add to your collection. Bring both of those and any you add, and we'll see what happens. Always better to have someone there with something, rather than no one with nothing. Its a tractor show, while there were close to a hundred John Deeres (feature tractor was a Deere) from before 1965 there last year, we also had two of the new tracked versions of the most recent tractor series also. I think we might have a buzz saw or two to cut up scraps from the mill and some smaller stuff; yeah, the 346 would make short work of it but thats another time line.

Back