Post ugly or scary stove install pictures.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing

All I can say is WOW!!!! Guido's picture knocked me off my seat.

How can anyone even begin to think stove will function worth a damn :msp_ohmy:

The stove hood guy is trying....albeit I would never have come up with that solution. "Necessity is the mother of invention"

All I can say is WOW!!!! Guido's picture knocked me off my seat.

How can anyone even begin to think stove will function worth a damn :msp_ohmy:

The stove hood guy is trying....albeit I would never have come up with that solution. "Necessity is the mother of invention"

Necessity may be the mother of invention, but the illigetimate step-son of invention is "Stupidity" and has made a number of contributions that can't be overlooked. :D

not as bad as it looks

looks to me that the stove pipe run up behind the range hood to a proper thimble. I think he is using the range hood to distribute some heat elsewhere, and they usually have a light on them so thats handy. tarps dont hold much heat. he looks like the type of guy that makes use of what he has.

looks to me that the stove pipe run up behind the range hood to a proper thimble. I think he is using the range hood to distribute some heat elsewhere, and they usually have a light on them so thats handy. tarps dont hold much heat. he looks like the type of guy that makes use of what he has.

Well his complaint was the stove wasnt throwing enough heat. It's a medium size stove. The floor is pure concrete and acts as a heat sink, the right wall is a plastic tarp open to the elements and his walls are unfinished. Darn stove!

I do agree the distribution system is unique..

Well his complaint was the stove wasnt throwing enough heat. It's a medium size stove. The floor is pure concrete and acts as a heat sink, the right wall is a plastic tarp open to the elements and his walls are unfinished. Darn stove!

I do agree the distribution system is unique..

i didnt know he acually said that. i thought it was just some commentary added to the picture.

Another "What about them clearances?"

attachment.php

Looks to me like it is a house under construction and he is only heating 1 room while he finishes the rest of the house. Looks like it's another room and not the exterior of the house. My Dad did this when he built our house. Finshed the kitchen and bathroom as much as he could, we put in dummy walls and only heated those 2 rooms for the winter while working on the rest of the house. We didn't have a range hood though. :redface:

Looks to me like it is a house under construction and he is only heating 1 room while he finishes the rest of the house. Looks like it's another room and not the exterior of the house. My Dad did this when he built our house. Finshed the kitchen and bathroom as much as he could, we put in dummy walls and only heated those 2 rooms for the winter while working on the rest of the house. We didn't have a range hood though. :redface:

No, this is an actual call someone took. The tarp is open to the element outside.

Last edited:
Can you spot how many things are wrong with this picture?

attachment.php

Excuse me sir, what seems to be the problem?

Well, you sold me this stove and told me it would heat 1,200 Sq Ft. My house is not even 1,000 and I cant get any heat out of this gull darn thing. I’ve got a good mind to write BBB for fraudulent advertising.

wait, let me get this straight, these are real pictures you took from actual customer's houses!?

The guy isn't getting enough heat from the stove in that room because his turbo charged range hood is sucking it all up. Tell him to throttle that blower down to the low setting and his issues will be solved.

wait, let me get this straight, these are real pictures you took from actual customer's houses!?

Not really. I've been collecting pics of 'interesting' installations for years. Some I've found on a Google search. Others I've found in trade mags such as Sweeping - a great mag for chimney sweeps - well worth the read. Others I collect on board such as this and since i've been in the industry for a while, others will email me their pics with the back story. This one is one of those.

Frankly, I doubt any of them are 'staged' pictures. At some point they all come from a real installation.

Last edited:
Did the mason go on strike halfway through the job or was it just Miller time?

(Bonus points if you can write a funnier caption)

attachment.php

Yup, it's a smoke house! Not sure i'd want to eat anything of it...

attachment.php

That looks like my Atlanta Stove Works #27 Box.

While ingenious, I'm not eating any of that either. Not because it might have been a USED toilet, but I'm thinking heating PVC's or HDPE's is going to kick some NASTY volatile organic compounds into my food.

Did the mason go on strike halfway through the job or was it just Miller time?

(Bonus points if you can write a funnier caption)

attachment.php

Confucius say: When Snow White stops putting out the Mason stops working and dwarfs get desperate.

Do a dwarf a favor, stop wiping your rear and introduce a stronger smell to the elevator.

Tes

(I am going to hell...)

Back