Post your helpful chainsaw/cutting tips and tricks.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use about 6 recycle bins for kindling wood, I strap one to the front of my atv when I'm in the woods to keep a stock of dry fire starter.
I bet your a good fella an all but anyone who takes that much time and effort in his wood pile needs therapy . Now Please lay back and tell me about your childhood........... It looks very very nice great job you sick sick man !

I weld a chain link to the top of my scrench, then clip in a carabeener. You can hook it anywhere on you, won't fall out of a pocket, and its secure. Also, spray paint EVERYTHING hi vis orange!!

I like that idea. My orignal tool set that came with the first Husky 2100 I ordered from Bailey's, had an orange handle carb screwdriver that I coveted for decades. Then....someone else liked it better.:mad:

Kevin

Here's another tip that paid off for me yesterday. Always carry a spare bar nut or two in addition to the ones on the saw. I was changing chains with the saw on the tailgate of my truck. After I removed both nuts, I flicked one of them with my finger and knocked it off the tailgate between the truck bed and the bottom edge. Somehow it found one of the two slot holes in the tailgate and dropped right in, making it impossible to retrieve. The chances of doing this again are almost nil, but it happened.

I had a spare bar nut in my tool box so I could finish the job, but running a large saw on one nut only is not a cakewalk and recommended by nobody. That nut may rest inside my tailgate forever because it will likely take me several hours to get it out and hardly worth the time and effort. BTW, any tips on that process would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back