Poulan 3400 cylinder replacement with 3700?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chhonos

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,
so I have a Mastercraft Model 54-5671-4 chainsaw. I had no clue what or who this saw was made by....but after a bit of research, I found out that Mastercraft was the Canadian "brand" on the Poulan 3400 chainsaw back in the 90's.
So I need a piston and cylinder for this saw. I have checked it out and I can't seem to find one anywhere...it says out of stock on almost every website. Anyone have one for sale?
Also, I discovered that when the 3400 was made, they also made a 3700 and a 4000.
From what I can see...the saws were almost the same, but with different size cylinders...
I found the 3700 cylinder and piston available...and the gasket for the cylinder head seems to be the same part number as the 3400....
Can I just buy that piston and cylinder?
Hope someone can help!
Thanks

Those are the same family of saw but not sure of the fitment. ie, the stroke may be different or something. Check your ipl to see if the cranks are the same part number. Also searching threads may turn up info too. There are some Poulan gurus around who could answer the question. Modified Mark would be one of them. Those are a good series of saws. I have a 4000 now that we'll be using at the GTG in a couple hours...

Latest posts

Back