Poulan 4000 Gas Tank Vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Man!!!

Saw Music
Reaction score
I have tried to research all the threads on the removal, and replacement of the gas tank vent tube. I really need someone with experience doing this to help me understand the directions I have read on here, a visual would be great, however all the pictures that have been posted must be to old and are not available to view now.

Any help would be very much appreciated...

Thanks

That vent’s not shown on the saw parts list, but there are a couple of photos in the main chainsaw or possibly the Poulan thread under “Chainsaw Stickies”.

All told, it’s about a 3” piece of fuel hose, a duckbill valve, and a dual barbed plastic connector. That connector is still probably rattling around in the bottom of your gas tank.

Search for a thread with ‘5300 23877’ or ‘why is there an extra hole in my craftsman fuel”

That vent’s not shown on the saw parts list, but there are a couple of photos in the main chainsaw or possibly the Poulan thread under “Chainsaw Stickies”.

All told, it’s about a 3” piece of fuel hose, a duckbill valve, and a dual barbed plastic connector. That connector is still probably rattling around in the bottom of your gas tank.

Search for a thread with ‘5300 23877’ or ‘why is there an extra hole in my craftsman fuel”

Thank you for your time, and help...

My problem was more about which direction the duckbill and vent fitting seated in the fuel tank (outside or inside) which would start with the direction you feed the vent through the tank itself. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
Thanks for your concern though. Much appreciated...

My problem was more about which direction the duckbill and vent fitting seated in the fuel tank (outside or inside) which would start with the direction you feed the vent through the tank itself. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
Thanks for your concern though. Much appreciated...

If using oem DB vent and the white plastic piece they are inside the tank. Pulled up into the tank hole a bit, with the line on outside like in pics posted above in link.

ptv.jpg

Back