Poulan CVA Chainsaw squirts gas out of gas cap at high rpms

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joej68

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All,
My Poulan CVA chainsaw has started to leak gas out of the gas cap vent hole at low rpms and squirt gas out when reved up to high rpms. I tried two different gas caps and it still does it. I am in the process of getting the carb (Walbro WA 19A) rebuilt but I am at my wits end. Any ideas or suggestions are most welcomed.

Hi All,
My Poulan CVA chainsaw has started to leak gas out of the gas cap vent hole at low rpms and squirt gas out when reved up to high rpms. I tried two different gas caps and it still does it. I am in the process of getting the carb (Walbro WA 19A) rebuilt but I am at my wits end. Any ideas or suggestions are most welcomed.

What model Poulan? Some models have a duckbill valve in the cap that prevents fuel from backing out. You say CVA. Is it an S25CVA? If so, it needs a duckbill valve.

What model Poulan? Some models have a duckbill valve in the cap that prevents fuel from backing out. You say CVA. Is it an S25CVA? If so, it needs a duckbill valve.

It is a 25CVA. I ordered the duckbill valve from Ebay as suggested. I will let everyone know how I made out with it. Trying to locate a Walbro WA-19A carb kit but can't find a specific part number. Going to try local lawnmower shops today. Appreciate all the help you folks have given me.

It is a 25CVA. I ordered the duckbill valve from Ebay as suggested. I will let everyone know how I made out with it. Trying to locate a Walbro WA-19A carb kit but can't find a specific part number. Going to try local lawnmower shops today. Appreciate all the help you folks have given me.

I found them on ebay, "minibikepartsandmore", around $13. I can't personally vouch for their parts or
service.

Back