poulan micro xxv ring or piston kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidUria

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi!!

I´m from Spain and i need if some one can help me for looking for a piston ring or piston kit for my poulan micro xxv. here in Spain i couldn´t find anything. Please any kind of help is needed!!.

Thanks!!

Hi!!

I´m from Spain and i need if some one can help me for looking for a piston ring or piston kit for my poulan micro xxv. here in Spain i couldn´t find anything. Please any kind of help is needed!!.

Thanks!!

i need to check on this i may have a piston ring for this saw if i do it is $ 9.00 plus shipping

thanks!
I WILL BE INTERESTED ON THIS IF YOU HAVE!!, I´M WAITING FOR YOU!

david you still needing the piston ring ? how about a brand new cylinder with the piston and the ring already in the cylinder

?

yep i found a cylinder in a parts box of mine in the shop while looking for a customers c72 side bar cover for there homelite c72 along with that bar cover being in the same box this cylinder is in there as well i said woah i have some gold mine there

calvin

I'm interested if he isn't.

brian i also have a parts unit that seems to have good compression also have new rings for the xxv series found some rings today in the shop as well so i can pull the cylinder and piston off the parts saw and inspect it cause usually you can restore old cylinders and pistons by just placing a new ring in them i already told david that i got the used one as well that i will let go for $ 25.00 and 15.90 shipping and handling plus gets a Free Piston Ring with it

so either way i feel as both you will get your parts you need

its much cheaper to go the used route and use a cylinder hone just a tad on the used cylinder if needed also apply oil on the cylinder wall

the price on the cylinder is $ 73.00 is the last price poulan showed before this cylinder became nla

now if you want the whole parts saw i can probily negotiate a offer

calvin still gets a Free Piston ring either way

Take care of David 1st, then PM me after. I'm in no hurry.
Thanks.

i got a xxv deluxe yesterday and i got it to run barely after about 3hrs. of work (fuel system flush/clean) it sounded like it was under some major strain so i completely disassmbled it and found that the piston was extremely hard to wiggle on the rod any suggestions??

yes it is one but i think it has to do with the wrist pin do the wrist pins in these engines move in the piston

i made a mistake the one i have is a 2 ring piston and cylinder and the cylinder was in a xxv poulan box its got a number 23 engraved into the cylinder and a letter M sometimes they can tell by these numbers what it goes too

i see that the lower rod bearings are needle and i guess the top bearing was just really gunked up after sittin for a few years but i flipped the motor upside dow and filled the piston with liquid wrench and today it was loose so now i need a new ring and i have to put the needle bearings back in and im done btw do u hone these cylinders when u get new rings

Latest posts

Back