Poulan oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just finished resurrecting an old Poulan XXV, at least 25 years old, the only problem is the oiler is not working. I have not started looking into it yet, but is anyone familiar with the XXV oiling system? Is there a screen on it?

I have owned or used several variations of the Poulan Super25, it was my 1st climbing saw. The oilers were a weak spot on them. Does the manual oiler still work? If so, then it could be the oiler pump itself. It is next to the sprocket, about the size of a nickel. 2 screws and it's out.

I dont think it has a manual oiler, unless that is the black button on top:confused:??I thought that was for starting the saw and holding partial throttle!!!

The black button on top of the front handle is an oiler button. It pushes a metal rod down into the oiler pump case to manually force extra oil. Most of the ones I had, the auto oiler quit and I only had the manual pump. But that was many years ago, before I knew how remove and inspect the oiler pump and fix it. Wish I could tell ya what the inside if it looks like, but I can't. Might be a bad diaphram or something. If it is that old, I'd put fresh fuel and oil lines on it too.

Back