Poulan Tophandle.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Poulan tophandle Super XXV model S25CAV. Are they any count?

38cc in a tophandle, now, that's impressive. :bowdown:

Have one in the pile along with two roached Craftsman tophandles. Don't want to waste much time on it before I get to the Macs and the Homie XL's. 150 psi comp, looks promising.

They were the best climb saw of their era.....I still have a few....haven't used them since about 1987 though.

Thanks fellas.

Moving him to the top of the pile.

Will a Homie bar fit? I have a 12" on a Homie but the shortest Poulan I have is a 14"

Anyone need parts of a Craftsman 358.355061 (blew 110psi) or a 358.355162 (blew 130 psi, marginal at best). Look enough different than the genuine Poulan.

Thanks fellas.

Will a Homie bar fit? I have a 12" on a Homie but the shortest Poulan I have is a 14"

Anyone need parts of a Craftsman 358.355061 (blew 110psi) or a 358.355162 (blew 130 psi, marginal at best). Look enough different than the genuine Poulan.

That Poulan will bury that 14'' bar and smile! Not so with the homie and mac.

used my S25 Deluxe last week

I have had this one since the 80's, only repairs needed were fuel lines & carburetor kit. I have a Granberg Clip-N-Trim attachment on mine now,
can't cut anything over 1" like that, but it is great on trimming rosebushes,
sawbriars, saplings & other loose, springy cuts if you don't have a hedge trimmer.

Poulan tophandle Super XXV model S25CAV. Are they any count?

38cc in a tophandle, now, that's impressive. :bowdown:

Have one in the pile along with two roached Craftsman tophandles. Don't want to waste much time on it before I get to the Macs and the Homie XL's. 150 psi comp, looks promising.
These saws are probably the worlds most produced saws. They were Poulans money saw. They are fine little saws that Poulan sold out to many, many companies that rebadged them with their name.

Thanks fellas.

It depends on the mounting pattern

These saws are probably the worlds most produced saws. They were Poulans money saw. They are fine little saws that Poulan sold out to many, many companies that rebadged them with their name.

I had thought the same thing about them being produced in those kind of numbers. Not sure if they sold the most of any but they would have to be right up there with them.

You are right about that saw being a money maker though, I always said that is one of the saws that put Poulan on the map.

Man that thing is filty. I just cleaned up a 5200 that was that bad, what a job.

Looks like its all there though and will clean up ok. If it has compression and spark it will run again.

Sending PM now.

We had a 25 anti vibe sitting on the top shelf in our old shop for years, a friend who works in a bucket truck spotted it, I told him to take it, he has been useing it for a couple years now, says his 200t sits idle. Last week I seen him clearing power lines, he held up that green beast and gave me a wave with it. He says these are the best top handle saws ever, and most guys never get the pleasure of running one.

Got him apart and cleaned up some.

Poulan model S25CVA tophandle looking for:

Trigger..........23601

carb housing to case gasket.........19049
carb housing gasket (air box lid)........19074
throttle wire boot...............no pn

Did I say I needed a trigger? ............. Gonna be awkward using a string.:blob2:

Lots of cheap Poulan 2150 (ish) 32-42cc misc parts. Ok, Ok, Wild Thing and smaller to trade.

or maybe just some long green (in small denominations).

Latest posts

Back