Power match vs. Oregon pro bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bitz, can you give any more detail on "it cuts diff."? what were ya running? I agree none of these new bars oil right, not even stihl.

The Cannon is at least 1/4" if not 3/8" wider. It also has the wide sprocket on it. Its smoother when finishing the buck. The chain runs different on the bar because it has a belly in it. It seems slower, but smoother if that makes sense. I was running power match bars with the narrow sprocket.

was just looking at the new oregons ,says lubra-dam / lubra jet ,did they change the oil passages ?

View attachment 302400View attachment 302401View attachment 302402View attachment 302403

reduced weight version

They've had them for a while. Stihl changed over to that style of oiler hole a couple of years ago. I always open the holes up. I follow the same general pattern, but make it 3 to 4 times bigger. I like to see oil on the drivers at the bottom of the bar.

They've had them for a while. Stihl changed over to that style of oiler hole a couple of years ago. I always open the holes up. I follow the same general pattern, but make it 3 to 4 times bigger. I like to see oil on the drivers at the bottom of the bar.

are you running .063 chain ?

I'm hoping its going to be great. it'll be fine at the very least, and plenty cool anyhow. which has approximately no value, but I'll pretend it does.

Now someone find me a tsumura or a sugihara 34" .063 stihl mount please?

Are you still looking for Tsumura Stihl mount bar Hammer?

I use a 36" Light & Tough on the 660 when I'm falling and climbing the hollers. Hard to beat Japanese steel and I have never had a problem with them. I know a dealer who carry's them.

I'm running .058. That's what my saw shop has always stocked in full skip. I haven't gotten around to changing that yet. Husky dealers like to run that 58 for some reason.

I bet you can't even find .058 guage chain at any shop out here in Montana. The husky dealer out here won't even stock it. Weird how things very from region to region. I run .063 an .050 bars when i have to.

I like to use the tsumara if Im production falling ...light weight strong ...never had an issue with them even boring spring board notches..if I'm on a heli show I use the cannon bars made in Canada get months on them before redoing the tip and grinding the rails..

I'll put another vote in for stihl ES lite. I'd still fork out the $ if they lasted only just as long as other bars, but surprisingly they're tough as nails. I've put mine through some real punishment - they're used daily, and have been pinched more than once by 2 tonne sections during crane work. No damage. The rails are super hard, and seem to wear extremely well without burrs which is probably a good thing because the one time I filed them I pretty much ruined a file.

I've had power match, which I think are awful, GB titanium pretty decent and good life but heavy, Stihl ES pretty good value, Tsumura was ok, maybe a little overrated. Never tried oregon.

Shaun

I've only had one GB titanium and it lasted good. I've never tried the Oregon pro but they're supposed to be better than the power match. Stihl light bars are as good as the regular es.

Didn't read all of the thread, but as most I have read have said....the Oregon's haven't been holding up. We've been using the Tsumara light weights or the Stihl light weights. Even the Husky guys use them, just need the adaptor.

Back