PP655 vs Stihl 075

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Is there that much difference in the feel of power between the 075 and the PP655? I have owned a very good running 655 so I am familier with that power. I have a line on a decent 075 and was curious in the power difference.

Is there that much difference in the feel of power between the 075 and the PP655? I have owned a very good running 655 so I am familier with that power. I have a line on a decent 075 and was curious in the power difference.
sorry to be a bit slow here, but what's a pp655?

Poulan Pro 655, 96cc...?

ah, so 96cc vs 111cc...
I would've thought the 075 would have MUCH more torque. But only showing it's superiority in BIG wood. It prolly wouldn't be faster in smaller wood.

ah, so 96cc vs 111cc...
I would've thought the 075 would have MUCH more torque. But only showing it's superiority in BIG wood. It prolly wouldn't be faster in smaller wood.

The poulan 655 will surprise ya. It laughs at a 36" bar in red oak.:chainsaw:

PP655 is the best farkin' saw Poulan ever made.

An 075/076 will be heavier and a lot tourquier (is that a word? LMAO).

The 655 will hit the RPM's quicker.

Post a pic of that 655... they are an awesome saw. I'm currently on the hunt for one... :)

Too many people hear "Poulan" and immediately think of the crap they make nowadays. Back in the day... they made some kick a$$ saws!

Gary

Last edited:

Post a pic of that 655... they are an awesome saw. I'm currently on the hunt for one... :)

Too many people hear "Poulan" and immediately think of the crap they make nowadays. Back in the day... they made some kick a$$ saws!

Gary
I don't own it anymore. I sold it to my cousin a while back. You are correct on the old poulans most of them were 1 he!! of a saw! I am just curious about the stihl.

I ran an 076 with a 42" bar on it Back in the day as a landing rat, buckin' but ends off of old and second growth timber. It'll make a man out of ya in a hurry.

I sometimes think that half the problems I have with my shoulders, and elbows are because of that vibratin' montrosity of a saw. I was 17 at the time.

Gary

Gary

But Poulan DID NOT Design the 655 it was from the Pioneer/Partner merger P65
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...9ffa780e81968ded88256bda0064631f?OpenDocument

and before that the Pioneer P62
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...84564f97c3b56d42882572b800071f92?OpenDocument

Scott

We all pretty much know this. Just like the pp505 is a partner. But I guess when u buy the other guy's out you can call it what u want. So what do you think should I stay away from the 075 for 350.00?:monkey:

Gary

just bought a pp665 from my neighbor, i had to mod a 24 inch oregon bar for it, it came with a 36, it is one mean bastard with the 24, she really screams, i took some pix for ya but they are over 300kb and wont upload...

Back