prayers for Rob Thigpen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphy4trees

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just heard yesterday that a wll known top climber around here, Rob Thigpen, fell somewhere around 40' and broke his wrist pretty bad. Not sure of the details, though I heard he was transferring from one tree to the next while working at his own house. He runs a business and has a family to take care of... Hope he recovers well. Your prayers and good thoughts are appreciated.

Also heard of a second local fall in the same week. Boom failure on a bucket truck... The guy got busted up really badly, hip and leg. He's lucky to be alive as 6% of arborist fatalities are from boom failure (check those cables) according to some of Tim Walsh's research..

Be careful... Work safely

Terrible to hear about anyone getting hurt in this biz, hope the guy recovers from injury.
Any other details about bucket failure? type of unit?

Bad time of year to get injured (not that there is a good time)! Hope the injuries are less severe than they anticipate. Our industry doesn't have a lot of "desk jobs" that guys can do while they are injured. I'll say a prayer for them.

I talked to Rob yesterday... said he fell 35' and only broke a wrist.. cast is coming off soon.. he's OK... plans on competing in the penn del western chapter TCC, cause it'll give him more time to get back in shape..

Latest posts

Back