Prayers Needed For My Dad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawnmowertech37

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
my dad is 83 years old and on monday he has to go to the hospital to get a needle inserted in his left lung couple weeks ago they did a cat scan cause he was having chest pains and all in the process they found a spot on that left lung my dad is worried about this he is also been told by the doctor that that left lung may have to be removed he is worried about that also cause he is up there in age and worried he may not be strong enough for this surgery if that need arises in this process it has me worried also

and i already have enough stress in my life now this happens

please pray for us

thanks
calvin

Maybe Valley Fever?

Calvin,
A few years ago, I was having flu-like symptoms, night sweats and pains in my chest. I explained all this to a Doctor, who had me do a chest x-ray, Cat scan as well. This revealed a walnut-sized lump in a lung. She put her hand on my shoulder and said she was, "so sorry". It looked like Cancer.
After enduring a scope probe procedure, the Thoractic Doctor couldn't find any sign of Cancer along the lymphatic system adjacent to the spine.
He came out and let my wife know what he didn't find. She asked him, "Could it be Valley Fever?"
A look of amazement came over his face and he said, "that would explain it".
A simple test indicated that Valley Fever was the cause. Valley fever will produce flu-like symptoms and (possibly) spots on/in the lungs.
We who play in the dirt have a good chance under the right conditions, to contract the fever.
Left alone, the symptoms will pass and the walnut will be ossified ( I think that's the right word).
Many Docs will mis-diagnose if they haven't seen it.
I don't know if your dad has been exposed to dust and possibly contracted VF, but you might look into it.
Prayers with you,
Eric Egland

my dad is 83 years old and on monday he has to go to the hospital to get a needle inserted in his left lung couple weeks ago they did a cat scan cause he was having chest pains and all in the process they found a spot on that left lung my dad is worried about this he is also been told by the doctor that that left lung may have to be removed he is worried about that also cause he is up there in age and worried he may not be strong enough for this surgery if that need arises in this process it has me worried also

please pray for us

thanks
calvin
Calvin
Sorry to hear about yr Dad .Mum had a stroke a week ago - intensive care.
Shes slowly come round .Has cognition and all functions .We thought she
was checking out.Mums 86 yo. Your dad, my mum and yr relativity to me, are in my thoughts and prayers.It's not an easy time.At the hospital i had to ask the nurses, who are great, what am I meant to do ? There's just a sense
of unchartered territory,uncertainty.Gives you a deep sense of mortality.
We all gotta go eh ? ......but I wish you and yr family strength and clarity.
Your love for yr dad is obvious.
cheers Graeme.

Prayers from me also. I lost my Dad in Feb. of this year. He was 86 and lived a long life but I still miss him. Enjoy them while you can.

Danny

My prayers to your Dad,,and you and your family too!!! It's gotta be hard on your Dad to be goin tru this,,but it is with you also,,like you said,,the stress...I havent said alot on this sight,,just usally watch and read things,,but seems like there are some good,,decent people on here,,and just know you all is being thought of and I'll pray all goes good.. Jess

I'll be remembering your dad in prayer. Prayer changes things.

Kevin

please pray for us

thanks
calvin
I'm close to my dad also (77yrs old). Prayers are sent. Good luck.

Calvin
Sorry to hear about yr Dad .Mum had a stroke a week ago - intensive care.
Shes slowly come round .Has cognition and all functions .We thought she
was checking out.Mums 86 yo. Your dad, my mum and yr relativity to me, are in my thoughts and prayers.It's not an easy time.At the hospital i had to ask the nurses, who are great, what am I meant to do ? There's just a sense
of unchartered territory,uncertainty.Gives you a deep sense of mortality.
We all gotta go eh ? ......but I wish you and yr family strength and clarity.
Your love for yr dad is obvious.
cheers Graeme.

Couldnt have said it better,,,,,

Ditto!!!!

River

please pray for us

thanks
calvin
I most certainly hope the best for you and your Dad. My parents are elderly and been there to ( surgeries ) both long time cancer survivers. My prayers also go out to you and your Dad in the name of Jesus Christ. God bless and keep you both. Amen.

Hope things work out good for your dad. My parents are getting up in age and I have been thru a lot with them, I know how you feel. Keep a positive attitude and pray for the best.

Back