pressure testing 101

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup thats what its for. husq also has a complete pressure testing kit with pump, vac, plates, gaskest, different bolts, and that fitting. pt number 531 0303 23. retails $179.95

yup thats what its for. husq also has a complete pressure testing kit with pump, vac, plates, gaskest, different bolts, and that fitting. pt number 531 0303 23. retails $179.95

I'm going to check with the local store I mentioned earlier, and then go from there.

Kevin

i have an e-mail out to power probe about there pump. the one i have it awesome and better ( im my opinion ) than the mighty vac. when i looked on their site i couldnt find it. ill let you know what they tell me.

steffan
zombie performance

i have an e-mail out to power probe about there pump. the one i have it awesome and better ( im my opinion ) than the mighty vac. when i looked on their site i couldnt find it. ill let you know what they tell me.

steffan
zombie performance

Welcome to the site Steffan. Nice to see a new member jump right in and start helping people out. What is it about the power probe pump you like better?

Nik, Would the Mityvac MV8500 or 8000 do the trick? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Thanks, From what I've read the 8500 is an upgraded 8000. It has a larger displacement. The 8000 is about $25 cheaper (e-bay) than the 8500, and also has the pressure option. I will have to kick it around on wich to get. Anybody have the 8000 model?

Thanks, From what I've read the 8500 is an upgraded 8000. It has a larger displacement. The 8000 is about $25 cheaper (e-bay) than the 8500, and also has the pressure option. I will have to kick it around on wich to get. Anybody have the 8000 model?

The displacement isn't really an issue. Saw crankcases just aren't that big. I'd be interested to know if the 8000 comes with the case and all the hoses, plugs, etc.

Ok, The 8000 is the number for the complete kit. The pump is actually the 8010. On Mityvacs site, they say the 8000 kit is capabale of doing a vacuum/pressure test. I noticed the pump was the 8010. I looked up the pump itself and it said its only for vacuum. I called Mityvac to question them and customer service said it was a misprint and they knew about it. I wouldn't think it would take to long to make the correction if they have known about it. Oh well, looks like I will get the 8500. I like the idea to be able to pressure and vac all in one.

I got my kit at Sears for $35. It has a removable pressure cap on top, behind the gauge, that works for pressure testing.

I like the power probe better because:
-its cool billet aluminum! makes the inside of your tool box look better.
-It pumped up faster
-It goes to 45psi (pressure), -30psi (vac)
-The gage has a rubber cover to protect it
-you can switch from pressure to vac just buy moving a little slider.
-It comes with a cool double tapered hose adapter that will let you test anyhose size from 1/16 to 1/4.
-And i never had the gage/pump leak.
it sucks when your equipment leaks. makes trying to find the ones on the saw impossible to find.

Steffan
Zombie Performance

There are several different pressure/vacuum test kits available for chainsaws on eBay, including OEM.

There are several different pressure/vacuum test kits available for chainsaws on eBay, including OEM.
True, but be aware you're responding to a post 7 years old.

Has anyone heard from Ed ( Arrowhead ) since he left here? He was a really nice and helpful guy to me many times, especially with my Partners. I miss reading his posts I learned a bunch for him.

Old thread for sure, but a good topic. My mv8500 has been great for me so far. I use pieces of thick rubber, the type used for gaskets in flanged iron pipe to block ports, and bought a spark plug adapter from nate (fordf150) which works great. The mv kit came with numerous adapters for plugging into saws with a pulse line as well.

Good one. Thanks ! I was trying to figure how to make a plug hole adapter. Your way will be easier.
I remove the schrader valve from my hose that is on my compression tester and connect the quick couple to a regulator for pressure or my vacuum pump. I use the spark plug hole for pressure and vacuum.

A pressure/vacuum kit using the MityVac 8500 with sealing plates and a spark plug adapter is available on eBay...search "2 Stroke Pressure & Vacuum Leak Down Engine"

Back