Pretty neat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it held five saws, it would be perfect.

NICE!!!

Of course they come out with that after I gave up looking, and bought 374 Bungee cords to hold my zip tie Blueberry lug creation on the 700.

That looks a little too customized for my needs but the Lock-n-Ride feature would be nice. For my two ATVs I use the largest plastic totes that I can make fit on the rear rack (like 80 quart?). They'll hold two 20" bar saws, gas, oil, tool bucket plus all the other incidentals and there is still room for more.

It may be time for an ATV thread.

UTV instead of ATV will hold that many..but you then need a trailer to haul the wood back.
I've got a JD Gator UTV. I carry two saws on the front rack and two more in the bed with all of the other crap I always take along. My processing area is about a 3/4 mile ride from the house. When I split where I cut, I pull the splitter behind the Gator. When I split at the house, I haul the rounds in a trailer pulled behind my tractor.
I've gotten to the point where I do almost all of my splitting at the house, it's speeds up the process.

IMG_0631.JPG IMG_0632.JPG

I can get 2 saws in mine along with everything I need for the day of cutting in the woods. Probably got at least $20 invested in the project.

my polaris ranger would hold 10 saws if i had that many.:dizzy:

The mule here had four in it in the barn when the thieves hit. They left my s25cva.... ya, you could put ten in the back I think, had a buncha other stuff as well, they grabbed saws and my cutting boots and some other stuff and a couple more larger saws stored on the floor on boards in there..

Mule is now parked right next to the house getting rained on, my good runner saws, my new back up fleet, are in the house. I am beyond annoyed with the whole situation really. So is my GF but I told her, that's the way it is gonna be until I have a shop with a steel locking door and so on. Someone in the house or in the yard 24/7 now. These meth heads and metals scrappers are outta control.

I personally think a lot of these burglars and thieves "pose" as legit metals scrappers so they can drive around looking for good stuff. Had just too many scurvy looking dudes stop by asking for scrap metal. I am like, "don't you think I would sell my own scrap metal"? BYE!

Anyway, UTVs...I wouldn't have bought it. I keep struggling trying to find a legit use for one. It's OK, my boss got it for me to use, a complete surprise, but I certainly didn't ask for it, much rather have had like a working dump truck, perhaps a flatbed big 4x4, a dump trailer for the tractor, a good shape army deuce, whatever. A tracked skid steer. Another tractor even. These things are ridiculous expensive for what they can't do. That's just my opinion. And ATVS are even less useful to me, just too small. I don't have extensive skinny trails or anything to go access, everything I need to do I can use a regular tractor with the tote box on it or towing a trailer. Plenty of room for everything then and go through three times deeper mud..

Latest posts

Back