price between 365 and 562 worth the extra money

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been saving for a new saw and was wondering if the $100 or so price difference is really worth the money for the 562. If I get the 365 I can port and polish it and do the muffler myself pretty easy, but the 562xp im not so sure of. It looks like a really nice saw and feels pretty light. It is a much more complicated saw, so im not sure what to think about it. Also im not sure how much harder it will be to mode since its so new. Anyway just wondering what everyone thing . thanks in advance
jason

What would you be using it for? They will both cut the same wood with similar power, but the handling hands down goes to the 562 - along with fuel economy. Torque goes to the 365, but it's heavier. If you're just bucking logs, save the money. If you're felling, limbing, and bucking, spend the money.

Its for my business so it will get mostly falling and bucking. im sure it will get some limbing on occasion though.

Both saws are impressive, and you can not go wrong with either one.

Go with the one that feels the best in your hands, the one that seems to have the best balance and handling for you.

That has worked well for me plenty of times.

I am not scared of new things so I jumped at the 562, I may regret it but meanwhile I love it!! I would not push someone cautious to do the same though. The safe money is on the 365, the smile I get when runnin my xp causes no regrets thus far. I have never had a variable speed saw before nor wanted one but now I have one and it is pretty cool kinda like a drill, not just idle and wot, sorta pointless but I like it!!

Just stopped by a Husky dealer earlier today and finally got to handle the new 555 and 562, they also had a 359 and 365 for comparison. I did not run any of these, only held in store so take it for what it's worth.

-The 365 is def. bigger and heavier than the 562, but appears to be a little more "built".
-Couldn't tell a difference in weight between the 555 and 562, they had different length bars on.
-The 562 and 359 felt similar in weight and size, the thicker front handle of the 562 (same as the 365 I believe) felt better though.
-A few have reservations about the 555/562 oil pump, it does look a bit exposed.

Adam

I hve heard good thing about the 562. But im more concerned about long term us then right now us so htat is why im kindof leaning toward the 365. There are alot more parts avalable and like brad said its technically a 372 in sheeps clothing. The 562 felt so light which would be nice for hours of use. The carb must have a outrageous replacement price to I would think!

Where did you get this idea of a variable speed saw? The 562 is no different than any other saw, other than the way it tunes it's own carb.

I simply feel it has a wider range of throttle response. I have no proof other than my feel and it is my opinion so where did I go wrong, prob should have said IMHO. It does run differently than my 353 and any other saw I have owned or operated and I dont just give credit to the fuel to air mix being self tuning there has to be more to it.

I simply feel it has a wider range of throttle response. I have no proof other than my feel and it is my opinion so where did I go wrong, prob should have said IMHO. It does run differently than my 353 and any other saw I have owned or operated and I dont just give credit to the fuel to air mix being self tuning there has to be more to it.

Yeah, I understand. Everyone that has ran a 562xp says it feels like it has an extra gear lol......So do I. They are awesome.

I hve heard good thing about the 562. But im more concerned about long term us then right now us so htat is why im kindof leaning toward the 365. There are alot more parts avalable and like brad said its technically a 372 in sheeps clothing. The 562 felt so light which would be nice for hours of use. The carb must have a outrageous replacement price to I would think!

Trust me, the 562xp has the power. You will not regret gettin one if you do.

To me it sounded like you run the saw with the throttle at different positions instead of wide open. Not sure if that is the case. Some have said the trigger should be thought of like an on/off switch.

I went through the same debate just a couple of weeks ago. In the end I could not justify the extra $200 for the 562 when the 365XT has more grunt and is the same damn saw as a 372. Now I just have to wait till the warranty runs out to really opener up and make it a full blown 372.

I went through the same debate just a couple of weeks ago. In the end I could not justify the extra $200 for the 562 when the 365XT has more grunt and is the same damn saw as a 372. Now I just have to wait till the warranty runs out to really opener up and make it a full blown 372.

Imo, it is not about enough money to bother me much, but that is just one opinion of course......:givebeer:

Well the other thing that helped me decide was a carb that constantly adjusts itself??? Call me old school but I couldn't help but get past that. Not to say that there is anything wrong with it, just my own opinion.

your suspicions are correct as follows according to husqvarna's list price's.

part no. 522 52 08-01 zama C1M-EL44 CARB $120.16

Latest posts

Back