Price Check over here........................

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is a lot of nh people here hmm. we gave three truck loads away this spring two hard wood one pine from meadoew brock. the meadow Brock pine was three 10 wheeler loads and one one ton load. got hit by lighting ready to burn boy did i hate to give that away. the arborist i work with gave me 10 cord of pine split and ready to burn. it was on his neighbors land and had to get it of so being I've got an owb i got it. if you can burn pine you can get it cheap some time it depends on the tree company. but you are going to get the big stuff to.

I consider myself a pretty good wood scrounge, but all I came up with all year was about a cord from a new garage site. What part of the state are you in? I'm thinking you aren't too far from me if you were at MeadowBrook.

When I buy log loads, my rule of thumb is 1/2 of what I can sell it for or less. So if I'm selling at 150 per cord then I can give 75. I can't buy sawlogs for that, but you can buy pulp logs (to small to get a tie out of). I only do this when I can't find a place to cut my self. Right now I'm on a 50 acre clean up skiding behind the dozers (stumps and tops intact) to the hollow (dozerdeck) and paying 15 per cord. It's working good for me and the landowner.

I don't know about the rest of you but on more than one occasion I've been called cheap and stubborn and I consider it a compliment but I think a lot of us, myself included, get hung up on this concept of "free" wood. I have unlimited access to over 200 acres of land but after I spend a day harvesting this "free" wood I think my back and pick-up truck would dispute the free part. I'm not saying don't take advantage of opportunities but if you plan on producing/selling signifcant quantities I definitley think blackdiesels rule starts to apply.

In upstate ny it is going for 1300 or 1400 hundred for log length. It is about 30 to 32 face cords

Latest posts

Back