Price Check over here........................

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid $600 or $650 in May 2008. Burning half this winter and the rest (plus some off the woodlot) next year. I usually average a load form the same guy every other year as work gets in the way of wood processing. It usually turn out to be about 7-8 cord. I request nothing over 16" diameter to save my back, and he is usually good about keeping things manageable.

I live in Plainfield, just south of Lebanon. This fall I paid $750 for a tri-axle load of wood. The logger said it would be about 10-12 cords because of the way he stacks it on the back (no pup trailer). My estimate after cutting and splitting 2/3 of it is that it is only 5.5-6 cords processed which fits with about $125 a cord.

I would expect that this price will come down in the coming year with pulpmills cutting back on production and with the lower price of fuel.

I live in Plainfield, just south of Lebanon. This fall I paid $750 for a tri-axle load of wood. The logger said it would be about 10-12 cords because of the way he stacks it on the back (no pup trailer). My estimate after cutting and splitting 2/3 of it is that it is only 5.5-6 cords processed which fits with about $125 a cord.

I would expect that this price will come down in the coming year with pulpmills cutting back on production and with the lower price of fuel.

I won't pay more than half of the going rate for cut, split and delivered for log length. Last spring processed firewood started at $160 a cord so I was comfortable with the $600-$650 I paid.

I agree, the prices should come down a bit by spring due to fuel costs and the mill situation.

We sell hardwood firewood(tree length) here in Maine by weight, but a truck load usually works out too 8 cord and about $650-$700. :cheers:

a lot of nh

there is a lot of nh people here hmm. we gave three truck loads away this spring two hard wood one pine from meadoew brock. the meadow Brock pine was three 10 wheeler loads and one one ton load. got hit by lighting ready to burn boy did i hate to give that away. the arborist i work with gave me 10 cord of pine split and ready to burn. it was on his neighbors land and had to get it of so being I've got an owb i got it. if you can burn pine you can get it cheap some time it depends on the tree company. but you are going to get the big stuff to.

Id take all the pine I could get. Love burning it. Yeah you get better coals and longer burns with the hard stuff, but I havent had to clean any ash yet. The stuff just burns to nothing.

I responded to an ad on craigslist for log truck loads and havent gotten a responce yet! That was two days ago. Yesterday the tranny went in my truck so perhaps I am in the market again. Out of all the NH people here can I maybe get some contact info ?

Where in the lakes region are you HD Tech?

I'm from NJ and looking at buying land in NH. In a town called Warner. It's in the southern part of the lakes region.

Any comments???

Sorry for going off topic. PM me if you wish.

Around here in NJ all I have to do is flag down the tree guy going to the recycling plant. I've got a property on the drive to the recycler. They are happy to dump there for free.

Sometimes I wonder if it was worth shipping loads up north. Hardwoods are easy here.

Thanks, Jer

Around here about $80-$85 a cord, most log trucks haul 10 cord of 8 footers so your looking at around $800-$850 a load mostly Red Oak, but could have some Ash, White Oak, and Birch, or hard Maple mixed in.

Last edited:
Where in the lakes region are you HD Tech?

I'm from NJ and looking at buying land in NH. In a town called Warner. It's in the southern part of the lakes region.

Any comments???

Sorry for going off topic. PM me if you wish.

Around here in NJ all I have to do is flag down the tree guy going to the recycling plant. I've got a property on the drive to the recycler. They are happy to dump there for free.

Sometimes I wonder if it was worth shipping loads up north. Hardwoods are easy here.

Thanks, Jer

Ya, I have a suggestion. Don't buy it unless you are going to let me cut my firewood off it.

Ya, I have a suggestion. Don't buy it unless you are going to let me cut my firewood off it.

There's nothing really big on it. Was logged 10 years ago. What would I burn?

When you walk in the woods in NJ they are loaded with big hardwoods. Not what I've seen in NH. It does have a few acorn producing red oaks but nothing to get excited about.

Jer

You must be the guy I see going up my street with NJ plates. There is no good land left in Warner. LOL

Central Mi. a load of 20 full cord or 60 face cord is right now $1700 and comes from apx 70 miles away...that is 90% oak, nice stuff..$85 a full cord or $28.33 a face cord....DW :chainsaw:

Did some research, grapple load of hard wood green is 1300 160 a cord split and green you pick up. I am going to look at a load that a local driver has in the morning.

Tim

Remember: that log length load for $600-$800 has most of the work already done for you. Good deal if you either can't harvest your own, or don't want to. Get it green now, dumped in your yard. Just buck it up, split and stack. Done. No felling, no skidding, no cleanup, no limbing, no gear, no.....................................:yoyo:

Did some research, grapple load of hard wood green is 1300 160 a cord split and green you pick up. I am going to look at a load that a local driver has in the morning.

Tim

You are better off buying the cut and split! That price is insane for log length. I have seen adds around here 170 a cord green delivered. I expect it will go down as spring approaches, especcially if the fuel prices remain low.

When I buy log loads, my rule of thumb is 1/2 of what I can sell it for or less. So if I'm selling at 150 per cord then I can give 75. I can't buy sawlogs for that, but you can buy pulp logs (to small to get a tie out of). I only do this when I can't find a place to cut my self. Right now I'm on a 50 acre clean up skiding behind the dozers (stumps and tops intact) to the hollow (dozerdeck) and paying 15 per cord. It's working good for me and the landowner.

Up here an 8 cord load of ash firewood logs is $1000 right now. The local mills are dead and not much cutting going on. That is approx double what it was a year or two ago.

Back