Price for new 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Farmerbuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a 372xp. Call my local dealer this morning and was quoted $699.00. Thats with a 24" bar. Is that pretty close to the going price?

The dealer here wants $739.00 for a 372xp with 20" bar (before tax)

When looking for the 268XP replacement

One local dealer is asking $699 for the 372 XP with 20 inch bar, 2 others were $769. Both prices did not include the Governor's cut, or any accessories.

Best new deal I found was the current special on the Jonsered 2171 for $659 with 20 inch bar. Don't know if you have a Jonsered dealer around.

Sounds like your dealer is treating you square, especially if you can get an extra chain and some mix thrown in.

Good Luck and Take Care

I see you have a 5100 already, do you not like it? Any reason you aren't looking at a 7900? For less money you get more power at around the same weight.

Swamp, what's your take on this, I see you own both...

That sounds like a good price to me especially if you don't have to pay sales tax. You might find one on ebay a little bit cheaper once in awhile but then your dealer might not want to fool with that saw if something goes wrong.

I'm thinking about getting a 372xp. Call my local dealer this morning and was quoted $699.00. Thats with a 24" bar. Is that pretty close to the going price?

That is what I paid for my 20" with no tax or extras, and was the best deal I could find.

I just paid 690.00 for my 20"- no haggling required. I should get to fire it up this weekend.

2Door

I see you have a 5100 already, do you not like it? Any reason you aren't looking at a 7900? For less money you get more power at around the same weight.

Boy is this a pile of doggie poo waiting to be stepped in.

Have only had the 372 for a little over a month. Bought it used but it's like new, not even broken in. Initial impression seems good, feels a lot like the old 268XP. Like a lot of Huskys seems to run out of power as soon as the rpms drop, not a bad thing, just the way Huskys are in my opinion. Need to get it into some decent size wood and go.

The PS7900 is just a marvel, that much power in that size package. Am running a 28 inch bar on it with semi-skip chain. Pulls like a bear. This saw just loves to be pushed. Sharpen the chain, lower the rakers, hook in the dogs, bury the bar and it just keep pulling chips. I use it a lot for halving and quartering big stuff before splitting.

So in answer to your question, while wiping off my boots, they're both keepers.

Take Care

$709

That was with 20" bar. . . there is one dealer near here selling for $659. Of course I found out AFTER I bought mine!

Al:clap:

My dealer had them priced at $700. Three left...
There’s an excellent 2171 in the tradin post right now for $550.

Last edited:
I paid $705 for mine 2 weeks ago in western NY. Included a gallon of Husky bar & chain oil and 2 small bottles of oil, so you're in the same price range. -WSJ

Yea i like the 5100. No dealers around here except the one i deal with. He sells Huskys and Stihls. I would like to try a 7900 but if something went wrong with it i would be waiting for shipping back and forth, I had a very small issue with my 346 that i mail ordered and my dealer was glad to fix it for me so thats why i'm kind of leaning toward the 372xp and buying it locally.

Buck, here's a little incentive to bring that bundle of joy home!:greenchainsaw:

attachment.php

It's about time you decided to buy one...you have been talking about it for a while now...:clap:

Internet?

I dont know if this is an option, but when I bought mine I foud a guy on ebay selling nib 372 for 600 and 30 shipping. I used one of those ebay coupons and got mine deliver to my door for $565. Probably not good for warranty, but I modded the muffler within a couple of weeks anyway. Something to think about anyway.

Back