Price to Twitch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Industry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking to have some logs twitched to a landing on my property. The work should be about 7-8 hours worth. The location is central Maine. Anyone have a ballpark figure I can expect to pay?

That is a" Maine only"logging term.:cheers: To far away for me!You might find someone local to do it but I think it will be pricey with trucking for the skidder and an hourly rate.Good Luck.

If you are looking for horses, I'll be working near Wilson's Mills this winter and will twitch for $20.00 an hour plus a buck a mile round-trip for trailering.

If you are looking for a machine, I would guess 50 to 100 per hour plus transport.

Ha!What the heck is swarpin'?
I can't really give you the definition of twitch but,we use it like"hook up the friggin' twitch" or "I'm gonna go cut me a friggin' twitch" or "I need to get the rest of that friggin' wood twitched the frig out"or "that sonofawhore couldn't twitch out enough friggin' wood to keep a camp fire going".

A twitch is another term for a hitch of logs. Another term would be a turn.
A load of wood pulled by a skidder form the woods to the landing.

Craig

A twitch is another term for a hitch of logs. Another term would be a turn.
A load of wood pulled by a skidder form the woods to the landing.

Craig

We call it a turn and yarding/or skidding it in. Swarp is a term I'd only heard locally. As in, we'll swarp the unit in 3 days. Or a guy on a fire crew as we were running to the safety zone, "FIVE MORE MINUTES AND WE'D A HAD 'ER SWARPED." Have since learned it is from the Southern Appalachians which is where most of the early settlers of this area came from. I used it while working in Wisconsin and my boss came all excited out of his office saying he hadn't heard that term used since he left home--one of the Carolinas. We also had other phrases in common, like sarvis berry, and feeling peeked. Peeked is pronounced Peek Ed. Ed like Mister ed. A small world, eh?

Yup, I know Cushing. I also just saw your signiture. I used to run a Timberjack 230 D.
Too bad you aren't closer, I want to find someone I can trade Labor or Climbing services for equipment work.

Cushing ain't that tiny. It's no Randolph. ;) I used to do pest control in Cushing. Actually my area of operation was Georgetown to Bangor.

Latest posts

Back