Prince auto valve work port question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joesell

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to finally pull the trigger on a prince auto valve swap on my TW6.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-6587&catname=hydraulic
I know I need to order another hose to make it work. The problem I'm having is that the website says the work ports are 3/4" but if you click on the breakdown, it says 1/2" ports. I'm inclined to think they're 1/2" because the original valve has 1/2" work ports.

Would someone with the valve be willing to measure their work ports?

Thank you

I don't see where it says 1/2" ports. Matching the part number from your link to those listed on page 4 of the user's manual, it says 3/4". There are other valves (different part numbers) that have 1/2" ports listed.
Are you sure you looked at the correct one (RD522... vs RD523...)?

I looked at the auto-cycle valve I've got with 3/4" ports, but it is also a different number (RD523MMEE5A4C1) with power-beyond.

I bought the valve from Surplus center and it came with 3/4" ports. Thanks guys for verifying for me. I clicked on the spec sheet for the valve, and that's where it says 1/2". Must be a typo.

I also bought a gauge to help with setting up. So I thought I'd install it and see what pressure it was set at stock. To my surprise, I've been splitting at 2000 psi all these years. The TW6 manual says it's supposed to be at 2950 psi. What a bunch of BS! It's done fine for me for the most part, but when I look back at the times it stalled out, and the wasted time messing with stuck wood, it passes me off.

So I'm planning to turn the auto valve up to 2950. Does anyone see a problem with that?

Back