Pro Mac 10-10 Whats it worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papossefan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a old Pro Mac 10-10 that is in pretty good shape. Is in worth anything as a collector saw or is it just an old saw??

An S model in good shape gets you a muffler shield and a chainbrake and can bring $100.00+ on ebay in good running condition. The early 10-10A is the strongest running of that family and a good runner will have value to someone who knows this and doesn't mind the noise. Maybe $50.00-$100.00 for a good running early model depending on wear and tear

Yes, I believe it has the Mac medium saw standard electronic ignition. I think this same coil/ignition was also used in some mac leaf blowers too.

On a side note, this same ignition can be swapped in to replace the crazy 3 piece ignition on the awsome SP81E. This simplification and easy replacability make an already impressive saw a pleasure to own.

I have several MACs including a pm10-10s that I got last summer for $75. A real clean saw that runs strong with a 20" bar. If your 10-10 is fairly clean and runs good realistically figure $50 to $100 or so. Of course anything older is ultimately worth exactly what you can sell it for.

I only paid $45 for it so I will probably hang onto it just to get it out once and a while to listen to it run. Sounds sweet!

I only paid $45 for it so I will probably hang onto it just to get it out once and a while to listen to it run. Sounds sweet!

:agree2:

They do sound friggin' awesome. When I put mine on the ground & hunker over it & start it up, I can feel sound waves thumping on my chest. :hmm3grin2orange:

If it's in excellent shape they can bring over $100 on Ebay. I'm working on a excellent condition Pro 10-10, sat in some guys garage for a decade and the fuel looked like horse piss.

I don't know if it's CAD but I love running the old Mac 10-10's, start all three up and listen to them purrrrr:hmm3grin2orange:

Back