Pro Mac 10-10S HELP !! need piston & rings ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoman.5150

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys looking for pro mac 10-10S piston and rings ? ( black bottom, de-comp valve, chain brake ,model # 600111B , serial # 11-050853 )

I would check Calvin at CM Small Engines (site sponsor). Or Bob Johnson (607)638-9297. Sometimes ebay has what you are looking for too. Those would be my three recommendations.

:cry:You mean to tell me that there is no more piston and rings for this nowhere called and emailed 4or5 people and nothing this saw isn't really that old :deadhorse:

Actually... it is.

Plus the "real" McCullochs like that one haven't been made in quite some time. You are stuck tryin' to find parts from guys that have bought up all the old OEM stuff.

Calvin... at CM Small Engines might have them... he is lawnmowertech37 on here. Also has his own forum listed in the "other sponsors" area.

Gary

You just need to look in the right places. Very few of the "regular" shops will have parts for saws that are 25+ years out of production.

Do as Brian has suggested and try Calvin first, if you don;t know how to contact him start at the McCulloch Chainsaw thread and work backwards, you won't have to search for long.

They will need to know the part numbers you require, or at the very least the model number and serial number from your saw to make sure you get the right parts.

Mark

:cry:Already tried Calvin ,no luck ,he can only get rings emailed a couple others and waiting on reply does anything else fit that might be easier to get ahold of or a piston from another saw from what i could find it is 46.02mm ?

:cry:Already tried Calvin ,no luck ,he can only get rings emailed a couple others and waiting on reply does anything else fit that might be easier to get ahold of or a piston from another saw from what i could find it is 46.02mm ?

Relax man, don't CRY!! lol...

this is the allure that some of these saws have...hunting for the parts is part if the 'fun'...

if it's an everyday runner, it might make sense to get a backup that has more (parts) support.

most of the saws NOW A DAYS have metric parts, NOT SAE...

how bad is the piston? what does it measure? reuseable perhaps??

J

Hate to give this out cause i know he has tons and tons of parts saws and parts

Talked with the guy almost a whole hr last week just to talk to someone

Enjoyed talking the old stuff

(270) 303-1721
Tell him i sent you he will appreciate the info
I may be buying him out in the near future

Heres another possibility

http://www.fayettevilleequipment.com/

im working on trying to locate one i can also put it on the dealer network and who knows what may pop up on someones shelf
just need some good part #s to do this

What you can always do is get a good used cylinder and piston and put a new ring set on it

Last edited:
thanks everybody, the cylinder isn't bad at all and may just be able to ring it but I thought I would like to have a better piston but might have to do with what I got, the saw is in beautiful shape got it for putting a primer bulb and a piece of fuel line in a poulan so i don't have any money to speak of in it I just want to play with:chainsaw: it then probably sell it, it is the more desireable one i think being it has a working chain brake , decomp valve and the bigger of the 1010's, if it wasn't in pieces I would show you pictures

Below is the response I recieved from Dixie sales. I have a pro mac PM1010S...probably what yours is. Awesome machine! Hope this helps.

Thank you for contacting Dixie Sales. The pre-99 mcculloch chainsaws are handled through
Central Power Distributors. That phone number is 1-800-364-7938

Nancy
Customer Service

This past February I purchased a 10-10S/pm55/pm555 piston and ring set off of Ebay. The seller was wildchld2svc; maybe he has another for sale. Good luck.

pro mac 10-10s

I just saw a used 10-10s on craigslist for 25 in olympia WA. Maybe you need more parts and could use a back up saw. Looks to have a broken starter rope

Hey guys looking for pro mac 10-10S piston and rings ? ( black bottom, de-comp valve, chain brake ,model # 600111B , serial # 11-050853 )

I may have an NOS piston for you. No rings as I just put them in a 570. The piston has penciled on it the number 89783A. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the numbers but the piston is the same diameter as the 570 which I believe is the same as the 10-10S. $10 and shipping and it is yours. Ron

Latest posts

Back