Pro Mac 610 warm starting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxda

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well this is the place to ask.... I have a Pro Mac 610 with a 16in bar.. I have done the carb about 10x's and lot the piece that holds the fuel in the line but I am able to manual prime it.... The saw will almost always start cold but after the first tank of fuel and it runs out I can never get it started again. It has good spark it just won't fire... Any suggestions from the people that know alot more than I do....

Maybe low compression or weak flywheel magnets or the coil gets weaker as it get hotter. It's hard to say without a compression and/or vacuum test.

A 610 should start easily cold or hot(if you dont run it clear out of fuel). In almost all cases hard starts when warmed up are from two causes. Rich mixture or bad coil. Try shutting it down before you run it out of fuel to see if it will start. Also a so-so coil may fire a plug laying on the head but wont fire it under compression. If the saw will sit and idle OK I would bet on the coil. Had the same problem with several 610s and clones.

Butch when you say rich mixture what should I run at??? I had a guy tell me 36:1 thats what I have been using..

I have two 610's. It took me the longest time to diagnose my hard-starting problems. Turned out to be the duckbill valve on the fuel cap. It wasn't opening so it was hard to pull fuel up to the carb when trying to start. You may want to check out that possibility on your saw as well.

Back