Pro Mac 850 in a box, what will fit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biker Dude

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was at my local saw dealer's today looking for an air filter cover for a PM610 when I stumbled across a Pro Mac 850 basket case with a bad P&C. Needless to say, it went home with me. I know a lot of the old macs can interchange parts but I don't know what I can use for a P&C on this saw. Is there anything that will fit besides another 850? Is there a bigger P&C that will fit and up the power of the saw? Are parts for this thing even available any more? Any info would be appreciated, I would really like to put this one back together and see what it's got! Also, If I can get it running, how long of a bar will this thing handle?

I think any of the PM80/800 motors will work, there are no bigger ones from that line. A PM850 can handle a 36" bar very well. I ran one for years, a very good chainsaw.

Pine.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

redfir.jpg

mac 99

randy, just curios have you ever ran a mac 99?I ran into 2 of them,1 of them runs.looks like half inch chain on them.looks like a guy could take the stinger off the end and run them solo to bore cut,as I dont think they had much chain speed for leaners.thanks,dan

I think any of the PM80/800 motors will work, there are no bigger ones from that line. A PM850 can handle a 36" bar very well. I ran one for years, a very good chainsaw.

Nice pics!

I'm assuming that cloud of smoke in the background behind you in the first pic is some guy firing up his 1100CD?

I haven't run a 99, but I did play with a 940. I recieved a separated shoulder from it, while using it as a oneman chainsaw, oh, to be a 20 something again.

JJ, that was my grunt killing skeeters with a Homelite 925.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back