Production line fire wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this thread is gettin interesting........i see several posts were already deleted. :clap:

Last edited:
Hey Firewood guy, tell me more about the "loose thrown measurement" law.

Do you stack ever bit of wood you sell? I have seen your adds and I see you sell in a veriety of qtys and specialty woods. Looks like you have hit a nice nitch in our area.

Re; Loose thrown measure" ??

CUCV said:
Hey Firewood guy, tell me more about the "loose thrown measurement" law.

Do you stack ever bit of wood you sell? I have seen your adds and I see you sell in a veriety of qtys and specialty woods. Looks like you have hit a nice nitch in our area.

Hi, What LTM law are you refering to ?? Yes, we stack (for measurement) all firewood sales.

Last edited:
ATTENTION: Keep your post's civil no more attacks or insinuations or next time after i delete your post im going to toss you out with them.

Have a nice day!

.......your negative remarks

Maxgussam said:
Well, I don't sell firewood, but have bought some. I'll tell you right now that I would much rather do buisness with a man like Ciscoguy, than with someone like thefirewood guy.
I like the style of a deal done with a handshake, and I'll bet that the cords that I would get from him would have extra, just to make sure I (the customer) was happy.
Maxgussam, Its best to keep your negative remarks to your self next time. You are welcome to purchase your firewood or what ever from anyone you like. But stating you would rather buy from other than the firewood guy !! You don't even know me or ever purchased anything from me. So how can you compare me with someone else or make a negative statement like that, for no reason at all. Furthermore, I guess you know, that I'm not the one to sit back and have you or anyone that attacks me for no reason at all.
Have a good day. Peace !!

Last edited:
fire wood guy ruins site

This is not the first wood related site i have seen the fire wood guy start to ruin. This guy just talks smack on everysite and olny talks negative. Listen we all know you got a good biz going for yea there off 93 and i see your adds iam glad you got this going good...but lay off it a bit and relax. people are not here to hear rules and regs. they are here to make a few side bucks, heat the house, run there own biz, ask a few home owner questions, and have a great web site to go to in the morning while having there coffee before they go and bust there a55 for another hard earned dollar. For the last time dont trash this site like you did the other 2 i attended. this site is 99% great people...keep the average up and be nice or leave.

sloth9669 said:
This is not the first wood related site i have seen the fire wood guy start to ruin. This guy just talks smack on everysite and olny talks negative. Listen we all know you got a good biz going for yea there off 93 and i see your adds iam glad you got this going good...but lay off it a bit and relax. people are not here to hear rules and regs. they are here to make a few side bucks, heat the house, run there own biz, ask a few home owner questions, and have a great web site to go to in the morning while having there coffee before they go and bust there a55 for another hard earned dollar. For the last time dont trash this site like you did the other 2 i attended. this site is 99% great people...keep the average up and be nice or leave.

What do you mean the sites I started to ruined or trashed?? Whats the matter, you can't handle the truth ?? When a question is posted, I guess I'm going to answer it, whether its related to rules and or regulations or anything else. If you don't like my answers or replies, because you think they are smack and negative. Then for the last time, please don't read them. Therefore, you can become nicer and more relaxed too by keeping your negative remarks to yourself.
Thats good there is 99% good people on this site, I guess I all ready found the 1% that you are refering to.
P.S. One other thing you mentioned " ..there off 93.." . We are no where near I-93. Are your sure you got the right person ??

Last edited:
Firewood Guy USA said:
Maxgussam, Its best to keep your negative remarks to your self next time. You are welcome to purchase your firewood or what ever from anyone you like. But stating you would rather buy from other than the firewood guy !! You don't even know me or ever purchased anything from me. So how can you compare me with someone else or make a negative statement like that, for no reason at all. Furthermore, I guess you know, that I'm not the one to sit back and have you or anyone that attacks me for no reason at all. As to happy customers, We refer it to satisified customers, where our customers reorder from us year after year. I recall a few years back where a customer order firewood kit that was delivered and setup for him. About two or three weeks later, the customer called us and changed him mind in the purchasing of the firewood. So, we went to the customers house and reloaded what firewood was left and refunded 100% of the purchase price to the customer. Does your firewood dealer offers that service to you, too ??
Have a good day. Peace !!

After reading ALL of your posts, I have decided that it is best that I not reply to you.

Good Day, Sir

:popcorn:

so, about that production line firewood thread of yesterday, any tips for "streamlining" firewood production, even on a small scale level like my operation?

:givebeer:

Firewood Guy

I too have seen Firewood Guy's obnoxious posts on firewood.com.

However, It's a free country, he has the right to post, we have the right to ignore.

I bought a Block Buster 14-12 processor and a dump trailer. That streamlined my operation:) I already had a loader tractor and elevator for loading logs and processed wood. Dad and I working together can process over a standard cord an hour and not be tired :rockn: When we don't produce our own firewood logs as part of a logging operation we buy hardwood pulp from producers or stained logs from mills by the 20 cord load at 65 dollars a pulp cord. Works for us and is way easier than chainsaw and splitter.

sounds good with gear

Sounds like you can crank out the the wood but for a much smaller operation what order would you put the gear in. #1 being most important.

chain saw
log splitter
dump truck
dump trailer
conveyor
bobcat type loader
or any other missing gear so us small guys know what we should invest in first or most into ??

Getting it there

sloth9669 said:
Sounds like you can crank out the the wood but for a much smaller operation what order would you put the gear in. #1 being most important.

chain saw
log splitter
dump truck
dump trailer
conveyor
bobcat type loader
or any other missing gear so us small guys know what we should invest in first or most into ??

You have to get it to where your going to process it. Whether it be tractor, skidder, dozer etc... If it's not where you can work on it you can't do it. I guess I'd say that's number one, sooooo...

Tractor/skidder
chain saw/processor
loader
truck etc...

I only say this because I do everything by hand. I drop'em, cut'em into blocks, then hand carry everything to my jeep and split it on the way. Sometimes I have to throw it 4 or 5 times before it's close enough to the trailer to throw it in...

Last edited:
Corley5 said:
I bought a Block Buster 14-12 processor and a dump trailer. That streamlined my operation:) I already had a loader tractor and elevator for loading logs and processed wood. Dad and I working together can process over a standard cord an hour and not be tired :rockn: When we don't produce our own firewood logs as part of a logging operation we buy hardwood pulp from producers or stained logs from mills by the 20 cord load at 65 dollars a pulp cord. Works for us and is way easier than chainsaw and splitter.

Corley,

Are you paying 65$ a cord if you buy 20 cords worth of pulp wood ??

The reason that I am asking is because there is place by me that is cutting down ash trees due to emeral ash borer and they are selling approximately 20 cords ( a semi load ) of ash trees for 350 - 400$ delivered.

Thanks,

Scott

morningwood said:
Corley,

Are you paying 65$ a cord if you buy 20 cords worth of pulp wood ??

The reason that I am asking is because there is place by me that is cutting down ash trees due to emeral ash borer and they are selling approximately 20 cords ( a semi load ) of ash trees for 350 - 400$ delivered.

Thanks,

Scott

Yup, It's mostly sugar maple and beech with a little cherry and maybe some ash mixed in. Nothing from any quarantine areas. Are you in an EAB area? I'd be concerned about moving that wood very far.

Omg

Corley5 said:
Yup, It's mostly sugar maple and beech with a little cherry and maybe some ash mixed in. Nothing from any quarantine areas. Are you in an EAB area? I'd be concerned about moving that wood very far.
If I were out by you I'd get all I could. That's dirt cheap. 65/cord, and you could cut/split it and sell for 65 f/c. You'd almost triple your money. :rock:

Corley5 said:

The county that I am in is not quarantined but almost every county around me is.

The funny thing is that the place cutting down the tress hauls formerly state owned trees from a quarantined area into a non-quarantined area. We just put 21 acres into forest tax law a few months ago and the DNR guy told me to start cutting down my ash trees now because emeral ash borer will eventually makes its way across the whole state. I think they just recently quarantined moving ash in or out of the whole state. Are in you in a quarantined area in MI ???

I personally have enough firewood ( lots of black locust :clap: and oak tops) myself but neighbor was telling me about the place that delivers the logs because he needs firewood for his stove.

I thought about getting into the part time firewood business after my neighbor told me that but I would have to deliver the wood 30 miles one way to make any good money.

Scott

I'm not quarantined here but some areas in this county and parts of all the surrounding ones are. All of Lower Mi is under a Federal quarantine banning movement out of the state or into the Upper Penisula.

Latest posts

Back